+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Years ago, I bought a ton of Pampered Chef products, but I hadn't been to a party in a very long time....until this weekend. Now I've got a wish list again! There are so many new products that I want! That manual food processor is really cool. I also want a pair of the salad choppers....and some of the stoneware and the microwave chip maker and.....

I won one of their little $2 cookbooks that happens to have a really yummy recipe for this incredible baked dip that was served at the party. I'm totally making it for my book club. It was so good I could have eaten at least half of it with a big spoon! I don't have a round baker from PC, so it might not look as pretty in my Corning dish, but that bakeware dish is like $50. The Corning will work just fine.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I keep an eye out for Pampered Chef products at yard sales. I found a round stoneware baker for $3 this summer. Never used, still in the box.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I like several Pampered Chef products, but many of them are overpriced uni-taskers. I love the flat-bottomed whisks, for example. But so many of their choppers/slicers can easily be combined into ONE GOOD KNIFE and elementary cutting skills. The baking pans/dishes are nothing special, IMO.
    Like any MLM thing, there are some wonderful gems mixed in with the overpriced ordinary. Caveat emptor.
    Yard sales are great for these products. (...for exercise equipment, too!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I have quite a few PC products, but the ones I use are not the big ticket items. I love the little white paring knife - I think it was $1 when I bought it. I have four. I also love the bamboo tongs for taking things out of the toaster and the micro cooker for steaming veggies. I have one of their bigger knives that I use pretty much every day. I also use the 2 qt batter bowl regularly. I love that it has a spout and a lid.

I have one of their big stoneware pans, a pizza stone, the chopper and the cookie press, but I rarely use any of them.

The salad chopper looks like scissors, but only has blades on one side (Salad Chopper ) the rep used it to chop up cooked onions, peppers and chicken breasts in the bakeware for fajitas. Really quick and easy. It's something I could see using a lot. The manual food processor was bigger than the electric Cuisinart one I have (it's the mini) and has fewer parts to clean (Manual Food Processor).

You guys must have better garage sales where you live. I NEVER find anything good!
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PC has the best cookie scoops. They are the only ones I will buy and the little spatulas/turners are the best. I love kitchen gadgets and I will pay the price for good quality.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I have a Pampered Chef pizza stone. I also have a dual oven (bakes/broils on top, bakes on bottom, top has one shelf, bottom has two). The pizza stone lives in the top oven :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I have a Pampered Chef pizza stone. I also have a dual oven (bakes/broils on top, bakes on bottom, top has one shelf, bottom has two). The pizza stone lives in the top oven :-)
    I forgot about the pizza stone (pizza-making is hubby's domain) yes, that's a nice product!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have a pizza stone that is not a PC, much less expensive, but I've found that they all seem to work the same. Every home MUST have one or 2!

You CAN cook more than pizza on them, especially in my house, and the quality holds!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have a pizza stone that is not a PC, much less expensive, but I've found that they all seem to work the same. Every home MUST have one or 2!

You CAN cook more than pizza on them, especially in my house, and the quality holds!
    I think I heard or read somewhere that it's a good idea to keep a pizza stone in the oven (especially a cheap apartment one like ours which can be inconsistent) to help with even heat distribution in the oven. I haven't tried that yet, but maybe I should...

When I had kids at home, we had two of the juice containers with the plunger that mixes frozen juice in seconds. I love the little brown, square scrapers that are good on stoneware and anything non-stick. Their ice cream scoops are incredible - I don't know what's in them, but they cut through ice cream like soft butter. Excellent veggie peelers.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread