+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I'm here;4572836]I don't like oregano in chilli. For me.... it throws the familiar taste of chilli off. I'll be curious to know what you thought of it.

About the tea question, I've noticed that a lot of people on television shows seem to leave the teabags IN the cups.

When I went to Ireland.... thats what I noticed... they left the tea bag in their tea. And... they add milk to it. Certainly different.
    I love milk with my tea. I don't leave the bag in. I also love loose teas, they make a better cuppa
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm not a big tea drinker...prefer coffee but when I am feeling a bit under the weather I like my tea with milk and a bit of honey. The only hot tea I enjoy without the addition of milk is Chinese tea, to which I add some sugar. I have also heard that leaving the tea bag in too long causes the tea to be bitter.

Leaving the bag in makes it really strong too. I like my tea lighter flavored.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The chili is acceptable. It does not have any kind of bizarre or discernable flavor that I can pick up that says "oregano!". It does have a slight sweetness, but not offensive. I'm glad I used only 1/2 tsp. I am still looking for my perfect taste. I have cooked the spaghetti IN the chili the last couple of times.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I need a recommendation for a barbecue sauce that I can go to the store and buy! I really like the hickory taste, and I don't want it to be too sweet.

I feel a pulled pork Saturday coming on very, very soon! It's tailgating weather!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dinner ended up being Chicken Pesto Parmigiana.

When I made the pesto, I put in a little too much garlic, so I evened it out by adding spinach (and more pine nuts and olive oil). I had chicken thighs, so I put a tablespoon of the pesto under the skin to bake it. When the chicken was done, I removed the skin (but left the pesto) and covered each thigh with sliced mozzarella. And I served it over noodles (which we prefer to spaghetti) that I also added the pesto to.

Let me just say...yum :-)

prhoshay, we buy Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. They have a variety of flavors (we like the one with vidalia onions), and if it's too sweet, you can mix it with a little ketchup and vinegar to tone it down.

I like that ketchup and vinegar hint! Thanks!
    TripleGemini likes this.

We love BullsEye BBq sauce( with Guinness) I don't know how much Guinness is in it- But it isn't sweet, great for steak and pulled pork
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Still haven't made my bbq pulled pork yet. Does Boston butt have a bone in it? I'm still working my way up to it! Sounds like a good Thanksgiving day dish to me! I'm just not about that traditional turkey and dressing stuff.

I used to make country-style ribs for T-day. To Die For!!!

My brother tried my recipe for steamed cranberry pudding with hard sauce that I always rave about to see if he wanted to include it at Thanksgiving. He's in charge of desserts. It was a huge hit (not sure who he tried it out on) so it made the cut. I'm honored.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread