+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 468 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Fresh Market is a privately owned chain of semi- upscale supermarkets with an emphasis on fresh meat, dairy and produce.

I am in LOVE with Fresh Market's squash and apple soup. I though the new V8 squash soup was good, but the squash and apple: TO DIE FOR.
    Also their chicken corn chowder is good too. As is their grilled Italian panini. And their sushi. It is VERY dangerous that Fresh Market is not only the closet grocery store to me now, but that they are only 3 blocks away.

I believe, (but I could be wrong) that pillsbury's cookie dough uses eggs that have been pasturized or heated or something, so there is no danger in eating their raw cookie dough.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-07-2008 at 08:38 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Okay, I think I was confusing them with Neighborhood Markets which I'm sure are owned by Walmart. I have been to Fresh Market a couple of times but I only know of one here and it is way over in the ritzy section of town. I rarely go there.

Today is the day. I have been recovering from surgery for so long, it has kept me out of my kitchen for far too long. I miss it. So today, I'm back in there! I already made a homemade version of Good Season's Italian dressing. It is so easy, and so much cheaper - I had no idea until I searched for it. I will post it in the recipe thread for anyone interested. I have chicken breasts defrosting that will go into the dressing to marinate. I have a spaghetti/marinara meat sauce on the stove (grandma's recipe) and that will be turned into a baked ziti with lots of cheese. Then I plan on making tuna salad for lunch. I would love to bake today as well, but I think that will have to wait until tomorrow.

MRD

I have visions of your kitchen appliances all smiling and celebrating your return to the kitchen.
    I bet it smells heavenly in there.

I made a ham last week, so this week I have the hambone in the crockpot making 15 bean soup. It smells fabulous and I'm ready to eat NOW! I just went to taste it and it tastes great, but the beans are not quite done. I'm not sure I can wait for dinner.

Wow Margaritaville!, we'll all be there tonight for dinner!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well, there will be fresh cookies for desert as well. I have butter softening and will be making Oatmeal Cookies - some with dried cranberries. Mmmmmm....

There is just nothing like a fresh oatmeal cookie hot from the oven.

MRD

So glad you're feeling better. Now don't over do it. (like I always do and then have my doctor and my husband saying: "we told you so!")

I wish I had some oatmeal cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3247427;
    Well, there will be fresh cookies for desert as well. I have butter softening and will be making Oatmeal Cookies - some with dried cranberries. Mmmmmm....

Yum!!! My favorite is oatmeal with dried cranberries and orange zest, topped with a bit of turbinado sugar for crunch!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yeah, MRD - the cookies will be tomorrow. I really want some, but I'm just too tired tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3247427;

Unless it's a fresh chocolate chip cookie hot from the oven! Maybe you could add some chocolate chips to your oatmeal cookies ... and let me know when they're ready!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

+ Reply to Thread