+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree380Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Have you googled it? I often compare several recipes to see what the varying ingredients are and choose the ones I know I'm most likely to enjoy. I had a friend who made sweet potato pie and I was blown away by the variety of ways it could be made when I tried to imitate it after she passed.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As much as I don't cook, I am aware that we are limited only by our imaginations and our tastebuds!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Today I spent almost the entire day in the kitchen... I had a week's worth of dishes to wash, then I made applesauce, stewed tomatoes, a crockpot of chili with ground turkey, steamed kale for this week's salads, cooked sweet potatoes and butternut squash in the oven, sorted through other produce that needed to be used or thrown and prepped what was still useable. I tend to buy more produce than I can eat right away. But now I have lots and lots of healthy food prepped, cooked, and wrapped in the fridge for meals all week. Easy bag lunches and easy after school meals when I tend to make bad choices because I'm tired. *pat, pat, pat* (Me patting myself on the back). I was listening to an audio book the whole time.
    Ellen, Cootie and TripleGemini like this.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm planning on making a quiche from scratch for the first time tonight. I made the pie crust yesterday and have to get the fillings ready and bake it after work. I don't have much to eat at home but I do have eggs, cheese, a little meat, flour, etc., so I thought this would be a good way to stretch my ingredients over several meals. Plus, I like quiche and I've wanted to try making it before.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Love quiche. Quiche Lorraine and Broccoli quiche always have a place on the table whenever we host a brunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Today I spent almost the entire day in the kitchen... I had a week's worth of dishes to wash, then I made applesauce, stewed tomatoes, a crockpot of chili with ground turkey, steamed kale for this week's salads, cooked sweet potatoes and butternut squash in the oven, sorted through other produce that needed to be used or thrown and prepped what was still useable. I tend to buy more produce than I can eat right away. But now I have lots and lots of healthy food prepped, cooked, and wrapped in the fridge for meals all week. Easy bag lunches and easy after school meals when I tend to make bad choices because I'm tired. *pat, pat, pat* (Me patting myself on the back). I was listening to an audio book the whole time.
    Wow, that is exactly what I need to do so that I don't run out the door with a bad lunch. So much less stressful and healthy, too!

Yeah, it's really paid off. I come home and have turkey chili or applesauce with granola on top, a salad with all the prepped veggies, etc. Nummy packed lunches at school with no effort in the morning. It really helped to have a good audio book to listen to while I did all the prep.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Please explain "Nummy".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just made a bunch of Raspberry Jam. Red Raspberry, Black Raspberry & White Raspberry.
    I so prefer homemade jams.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I just made a bunch of Raspberry Jam. Red Raspberry, Black Raspberry & White Raspberry.
    I so prefer homemade jams.
    I'm so jealous...of all the things I can make, jams aren't one of them. (And I love homemade jams! A friend of mine in San Diego makes a lot of jams and sends them to me...I send her pesto and apple butter in return :-).)

+ Reply to Thread