+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I love Italian sweet sausage. It's good on pizza or any pasta dish.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I'm trying to gradually guide myself back onto a healthy eating diet after a summer of travel and good food (I don't deny myself when there is incredible food being served). So today I made red lentils with carrots and onions flavored with black pepper, garlic, turmeric, curry, and a little sea salt. OMG!!! Healthy eating is not a hardship when the food tastes this good.
    Ellen and Cornholio like this.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was in the mood for pizza all day today and was trying to figure out where to get it delivered from. I stopped by the grocery store after work to look at frozen pizza, thinking they might be a bit cheaper, but actually they were about the same price as pizza from a pizzeria, and they only had thin crust pizza. I'd rather have freshly-made pizza for the price so I left the grocery store without buying anything.

Then it occurred to me that I had no reason to hurry home so I decided to eat in at a pizza place (I ended up choosing Pizza Hut). I got the salad bar and a BBQ pizza and it was so good! There's nothing like having pizza straight out of the oven, all gooey and cheesy. It was only two dollars more for a large so I got that size and had leftovers to take home. I put two slices in the refrigerator to have tomorrow and put the rest in the freezer.

If only I had some chocolate for dessert...
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am all about Papa John's pizza, but I've tried very hard to avoid them since Papa John is all about Mitt Romney. Politics can be so annoying, in more ways than one!!! I will admit to one moment of weakness since all of this crap began.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Papa John's must be better in other states, because here in CA, it's the worst of the worst. The few times I've had it, I thought it was awful - bland, very few toppings, just not worth it. I know people who've lived in other parts of the country who have said it's much better where they lived. I hope so, because the stuff here is nasty!
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The one time my family and I tried Papa John's, we didn't like it one bit. The crust was as thick as a bed, the sauce was too sweet, and it just didn't taste good. I've been curious about trying it again, in case maybe we just got a bad pizza that night or maybe we would like one of their other pizzas, but I've been afraid to shell out money and get the same result as the first time.

They sure are popular in my area so obviously plenty of people do like them.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I, once, got a "scantily clad" pizza, I (much to my son's embarrassment) wrote a little letter to tell them how disappointed I was. The next pizza I got weighed a TON with lots of goodies on it, and the area manager fell all over herself apologizing for the "skinny" pizza! It was well worth sonny boy's embarrassment! I've not had a problem since.

I'm still going to be "off" that Romney-supporting pizza!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My husband loves Papa John's, but I don't care for it. I like lots of good sauce on my pizza, and there's something yucky about theirs - plus they're cheap with it even if you ask them to go heavy on it. Their whole-wheat crust option is nasty, too. I think it must be a matter of personal preference more than a regional thing.
    pikachu likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    My husband loves Papa John's, but I don't care for it. I like lots of good sauce on my pizza, and there's something yucky about theirs - plus they're cheap with it even if you ask them to go heavy on it. Their whole-wheat crust option is nasty, too. I think it must be a matter of personal preference more than a regional thing.
    I worked with a couple who moved to Northern California from Georgia (I think) and they said the Papa John's here was completely different. I know a few other people have said the same thing. Up here, the only people I know who like Papa John's either don't have very discerning taste OR they're little kids!

My favorite pizza in my city is a small chain that has a location maybe a mile from my house. They have great coupons and really good pizza. I can get two large pizzas for maybe $20 and if I pick it up, I get a 2L soda or a pint of ice cream. Not a bad deal. Their BBQ chicken pizza is to die for. I'm totally addicted! Plus, they have good (although not great) salads and I can order online if I don't want to pick it up. They always deliver in less than an hour. They usually give a 45 minute time frame and it's almost always here sooner.

Dang, I just gave myself a wicked pizza craving! I wish I wasn't trying to behave myself (diet-wise and financially)!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread