+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree538Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I think we usually had Miracle Whip in our home, but I don't like either one the jarred stuff. But a freshly made mayo done right? Different story. But even then, just as a small accent.
    I don't like either one. I use different mustards, & I use them a lot
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

During this current heat wave, my new BFF is cucumber-mint water. It's simple and cheap:
    I thinly slice half of a cucumber and toss the slices into a pitcher (I think it's a 2-liter pitcher). Then tear off a sprig of mint leaves (probably 6–8 leaves), "spank" 'em, toss 'em into the pitcher. Fill pitcher with water. Let sit in fridge at least an hour –– though overnight is better. It's great either straight up or on the rocks. A squeeze of lime or lemon adds a nice zing.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"spank" 'em.....Huh???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

During this current heat wave, my new BFF is cucumber-mint water. It's simple and cheap:
    I thinly slice half of a cucumber and toss the slices into a pitcher (I think it's a 2-liter pitcher). Then tear off a sprig of mint leaves (probably 6–8 leaves), "spank" 'em, toss 'em into the pitcher. Fill pitcher with water. Let sit in fridge at least an hour –– though overnight is better. It's great either straight up or on the rocks. A squeeze of lime or lemon adds a nice zing.
    Cucumber and lemons are a great natural diuretic. I would probably have to stay in the bathroom all the time. Mint is also good for the stomach.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I love cucumber water, may favourite spa always has this.

I also love lemons sliced and put in a big jug.
    -Andy Rooney-

Was watching one of those news shows the other night, and saw that one should never order lemon for their drinks. This show was about wait staff telling about their professions....lemons are never washed or cleaned....just cut up and added, when requested....and they go through a lot when they are picked and shipped. Makes sense.

Never thought about that, but I will now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh gosh I have known that for years . I wouldn't say are never washed, I have seen many places wash them .

Heck, peole that serve don't always wash their hands after going to the bathroom
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    "spank" 'em.....Huh???
    LOL! To keep the leaves whole, but coax more flavor out of them, you can just "spank" them:
    Put the leaves in the palm of one hand, then slap with the other like a good, loud clap.

You could also tear or crush the leaves, but if you want to leave them whole and pretty whether for presentation, or if you don't like leaf bits floating around spanking works well to begin to release the oils.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

LOL! To keep the leaves whole, but coax more flavor out of them, you can just "spank" them:
    Put the leaves in the palm of one hand, then slap with the other — like a good, loud clap.

You could also tear or crush the leaves, but if you want to leave them whole and pretty — whether for presentation, or if you don't like leaf bits floating around — spanking works well to begin to release the oils.
    I do that when I make mint sauce.
    -Andy Rooney-

Put the leaves in the palm of one hand, then slap with the other like a good, loud clap.

You could also tear or crush the leaves, but if you want to leave them whole and pretty whether for presentation, or if you don't like leaf bits floating around spanking works well to begin to release the oils.

Well, now.....whomever would have thought that mint leaves had a "kinky/naughty side"?
    I'm here likes this.

+ Reply to Thread