+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

I haven't seen this cheese yet. But Philly creamcheese now comes in chocolate.
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Lalalalala - I can't hear you!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I haven't seen this cheese yet. But Philly creamcheese now comes in chocolate.
    They also have a berry one that's so good it tastes like dessert! Yum.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh hell......here comes trouble!
    Jamie5632 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

According to their website, Wendy's has new side items!

Fries & Sides - Wendy's

I was looking at their menu because I want a salad for supper and was thinking of getting a baked potato or some other side and wanted to see what my options were. The website shows that they have a baked sweet potato, macaroni and cheese, and chili cheese fries as new sides. I didn't notice them the last time I was at Wendy's but then I wasn't looking for them either. I'll check it out after work and let you all know if they're in my area yet. Chili fries sound really appealing right now!

I want to get the BLT Cobb Salad, too. It's odd that on their website they don't mention that the BLT Cobb has chicken in it but you can clearly see it in the picture and if you click to personalize it, chicken is listed as an ingredient. Maybe they don't worry about vegetarians accidentally ordering it because of the bacon in the title but what about people who won't eat chicken for other reasons? It just seems odd to me to leave off a major ingredient in the description of a menu item.

BLT Cobb has been the only thing I have been ordering from Wendy's for at least a year. I adore that salad! And the chicken makes me very, very happy!! When I get home, I add onion, and a little more crumbled bacon, and eat with crackers. That will last me for 2-3 meals, maybe even 4.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm glad to hear that the BLT Cobb comes highly recommended! I usually go to Wendy's when I'm craving a bacon cheeseburger or chicken nuggets so I haven't gotten around to trying most of the salads. I've been craving salad lately, though, and there aren't too many places to get them without going to a salad bar. I'd rather get something I can take to go so I can eat at home with my kitties while playing games on the computer.

You can get a small, side salad, or the large one (which I always get). Can't remember the last burger I had from Wendy's. BLT Cobb is the only one without fruit, which I find horrendous in salads! Just the thought of it makes my eyes water!!

I don't mind fruit in salad. I had grapefruit in a salad once at a friend's house and actually liked it. I wasn't sure about that one before trying it. I like oriental chicken salads with mandarin oranges in them. I'm not real big on cranberries in salad, though, because they're too tart and I don't like bitter salads. That's why I don't like bitter leaf lettuces like Romaine lettuce or endive.

The BLT Cobb Salad was good but I could have gone for one more packet of salad dressing. I don't usually use more than one packet of dressing but the salad was so big, it could have used two.

I saw the new sides were on the menu. They also mentioned them on the big sign outside the restaurant. I wonder how long that's been there? I know the sign wasn't like that this weekend because I went out with friends on Saturday and passed Wendy's coming home. I know I didn't see anything about new sides then.

I decided not to try the chili fries this time since that seemed like an odd thing to pair with salad. I stuck with the sour cream and chive potato.

+ Reply to Thread