+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I did a craft fair today and my friend sold cookies. She makes these insanely good chocolate chip cookies with dried cherries in them. OMG = I was glad I bought a bag (only 2 to a bag) late in the day. If I'd started eating them this morning, I would have cleaned her out!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Money is Money!!!

Good self-control. They sound marvelous!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had THE BEST lunch today! I was in SF for a shopping trip and we ate off this food truck: Sanguchon San Francisco Food Truck
    The SF jewelry mart has various lunch trucks come in several days a week and we were lucky enough to have this one today. Really though, every single one of them sounds delicious!

I'd never had Peruvian food and this was to die for. The alfajores cookies are incredible. Sort of like a light shortbread sandwich cookie with dulce de leche filling and dusted with powdered sugar It was so rich that I could only eat one. I'm saving the other one to have with my tea tomorrow night. We also had some yucca fries and I had the most fabulous sandwich ever. I live in a city with lots of restaurants of all kinds, but apparently, we're lacking for good Peruvian It wasn't a big deal before, but now I know what I'm missing!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

HELP!

I am looking for an authentic taco seasoning. There have only been two "real" Mexican restaurants I've visited in my life where the meat seasoning is "authentic" (I only know this because someone I was dining with once was from El Paso and told me ). Both of these restaurant taco meats tasted the same, they're owned by Mexicans, so I have to believe it. But I can't get a recipe!

I've searched the internet, no luck. Can anyone here help me? I'm dying!

Thanks
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    HELP!

I am looking for an authentic taco seasoning. There have only been two "real" Mexican restaurants I've visited in my life where the meat seasoning is "authentic" (I only know this because someone I was dining with once was from El Paso and told me ). Both of these restaurant taco meats tasted the same, they're owned by Mexicans, so I have to believe it. But I can't get a recipe!

I've searched the internet, no luck. Can anyone here help me? I'm dying!

Thanks
    Check out Rick Bayless' recipes. I found FronteraKitchens.com | Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos for Skirt Steak tacos. (He just uses garlic and a little cumin.) You can also search for Aaron Sanchez's recipes.

Good luck!

MRD

Is there a trick to using the search function now? I have been trying to find a potato leek soup that was posted 2-4 years ago. No matter how I try searching it either says no matches or pulls up recipes from 2011 and 2003 with nothing in between.
    Anyone remember this recipe? Seems like you add a bit of cream at the end. You also sort if rough mash the potatoes in the soup after cooking, so it's thick, but still has some potato chunks.
    Thanks
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Is there a trick to using the search function now? I have been trying to find a potato leek soup that was posted 2-4 years ago. No matter how I try searching it either says no matches or pulls up recipes from 2011 and 2003 with nothing in between.
    Anyone remember this recipe? Seems like you add a bit of cream at the end. You also sort if rough mash the potatoes in the soup after cooking, so it's thick, but still has some potato chunks.
    Thanks
    I've never been able to use Search well (on the site, anyway). I just Bing'd my heart out ("soup potato site:www.fansofrealitytv.com" got the most hits), but couldn't find a potato leek soup recipe.

The search function only works with posts made after the upgrade this past summer. They need to rebuild all of the indexes for us to have the full search back but, as you can imagine, that's not high up on the list.

I discovered baby kale and baby collard greens at the grocery store today! I'm so excited. I eat a lot of kale but it is tough and you have to tear off the stem and steam it, but this is ready to go in the pot, blender, or salad.
    Count your blessings!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Planning a HUGE pan of moussaka for tomorrow. Traditionally, my "people" eat pork and sauerkraut, but I am just not feeling it. Asked the family what they were hungry for that they hadn't had in awhile and that's what they wanted. My bones may say I'm German, but I'm pretty sure my soul is Greek. Hope everyone has a blessed new year!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread