+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Guess I'm just not one to be into "what's fun about cooking". Glad it all worked out for you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Green Bean Chips...

I just bought some Green Bean Chips at a "country/Amish" store -- have you tried them or anything like it? They look just like the green beans they are, only fried crunchy - the ingredients are: green beans, non-hydrogenated canola oil, dextrin, salt. That's it.

How strange to eat green beans like chips - but I'm liking it!

Attention Nutritionists....is this really a better choice for junk food than potato chips? I'd love to think so, but I've been fooled before. If it's fried does it HAVE to be bad?

By the way.....at $11.79 per pound they'd better be good for me!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Just revisited the Subway to see if that Veggie Delite was a fluke, or what. It Was As Good As I Thought!!!! Somebody go find my granny, 'cause I need to slap her!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Just revisited the Subway to see if that Veggie Delite was a fluke, or what. It Was As Good As I Thought!!!! Somebody go find my granny, 'cause I need to slap her!!!!!
    That's what I always get at Subway - love them!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I need recommendations on bread. I am waaaay over wheat bread, and I want to know what else it good; I remember when Roman Meal used to be a real treat, but it's strictly wheat now. I do like dark breads, but I'd prefer suggestions before I jump out there and get stuck with something I don't like. Should I try Panera? I just want something good. I am not a bread-head, so I am limited. Some of you bread fanatics out there, !!

Have you tried Ezekiel bread? It's in the freezer at our store and places like Trader Joe's have it, too. It's flourless - sprouted grains. Thomas's makes a cornmeal bread that's crazy good, but I haven't been able to find it lately.
    Count your blessings!

Shay,

I find Panera bread to taste really processed and not at all good, IMO.
    I've tried Ezekiel. It's very healthy, but I found it too sprouty and wheaty for my liking.
    I still think Milton's Original is one of the best. Really tasty, filling and quite healthy. But, what I really like about it is that it doesn't taste that way. it just tastes good!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    That's what I always get at Subway - love them!
    That is pretty much all I get when I go there. I can eat a footlong and if I get no cheese and low fat mayo, the calories aren't bad for a good lunch.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Have you tried Ezekiel bread? It's in the freezer at our store and places like Trader Joe's have it, too. It's flourless - sprouted grains. Thomas's makes a cornmeal bread that's crazy good, but I haven't been able to find it lately.
    I have wanted to try Ezekiel bread. Maybe I will give it a try and see if I like it. I usually do like things like that. I wonder the sodium levels.... I am watching my salt.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Sure wish you were close to me so we could split a loaf!

I see Milton's Original is at Sam's Club, TJs, and Whole Foods!

+ Reply to Thread