+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

The sweetened coconut water I was drinking had chunks of green coconut in it.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

AHA!!!!! The "lumps" have resurfaced!!!! So much for people trying to make me think I was losing my mind!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

None of the coconut water I've tried has pulp or anything in it but the coconut water and flavoring.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It was the Goya brand that had sugar in it, which is why I stopped drinking it. It was good, though, and I didn't mind the chewy chunks. I'm just trying to cut out sugar. The ones flavored with fruit are more bland. The one with acai and pomegranite was the one I'd most likely drink if I really wanted to drink one straight.
    Count your blessings!

I shall remain devoted to my favorite libation.....water! I am lucky to have great tap water but, if I buy, I prefer Dasani. Smooth sailing and the ultimate thirst quencher. Coconut water is just one more gimmick, IMO.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Taste-wise, is coconut water better or worse than Gatorade? I've read that coconut water is a good natural sports drink. I cut Gatorade with water but I still don't care for the sweet taste.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I work outside and mainly drink water. I drink Gatorade for the electrolytes.
    I tried the coconut water as an alternative to Gatorade. After trying the coconut water, I prefer Gatorade.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My favorite libation is Dr. Pepper. It has to be good and cold, though. If I'm at home, I'll have it over ice, even if I took the can straight out of the refrigerator. My nephew will drink unrefrigerated soft drinks and my mom used to drink unrefrigerated tap water but I don't like drinks that warm.

I drink water most of the day. I keep bottled water in the refrigerator at work and used to drink two bottles before noon and two bottles after. Lately, I only drink about one bottle all day. I really need to get back to drinking more.

One of the best things I ever did for my son was to install a water machine in our family room. I am talking about the kind that has the 5 gallon jug that you place upside down on the machine...kind of what you might see in a doctor's office. It delivers the water super-cold, in the cone cups that he could get himself. I even had friends who would stop by, if they were in the area, to get a cup of "that good water"; I'd give them as much as they wanted. He developed an appreciation for water, and I was not even slightly big on buying soft drinks for the family at the supermarket. To this day, he loves it, and he's noticed the effect it has on his skin. Keeps the breakouts down to a minimum. When he's broken out badly, I know he's not drinking enough water, and I call it to his attention and he admits it. Of course, he's almost 27 now and he's in control of what he drinks, but at least I have sown the seeds. I loved the zero calorie count!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Those water things are neat! My parents had one at their house for a while. I don't know what they did with it when they moved.

+ Reply to Thread