+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

The Keeper recipe reminds me of a sandwich spread I only eat at social functions... cream cheese with chopped green olives. It is delicious, but I'd never make it myself.
    I know the difference between coconut milk and coconut water. I cook with the milk (quinoa, curries) but the coconut water I was buying had sugar in it. I'll look for O.N.E. in the bottled water section next time I'm at the store. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

After hearing about them from several people, I finally bought a pack of frozen Jennie-O turkey burgers. They're really good, but they're too thin for my George Foreman Grill I have to cook them in a skillet instead. They're still delicious, but I bought them to cook in the GFG. Best laid plans and all that....

Gut - my mom makes a spread with deviled ham and another with shrimp and cheese and green onions. Both are deadly!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, just back from the store and I am going to try several coconut waters. I'm so excited you pointed me in this direction. The cheapest by unit price was the O.N.E. large carton, so I got that. I also got Vita Coco in two of the flavored options... peach & mango, and acai & pomegranate. I got Zico in lime citrus. I prefer them chilled, so I'll let you know how the taste tests go.
    Count your blessings!

I LOVE cranberry juice. I never had it until after I gave birth to my daughter 22 years ago. I can't tolerate OJ and it was the only other juice they had on hand. It's become a "comfort" drink for me because it reminds me of her. I've been seeing Ocean Spray commercials advertising a "bubbly".....sorry, can't think of the word, version of this. Have any of you seen this in stores? I haven't been able to find it in mine.

MRD

Here's one my family likes. 3 oz of cream cheese softened. 3 tbsp. mayo. 1/4 cup shredded parm. 1 tbsp. shredded onion. Paprika. Bread (we use white)

Mix all ingredients together except bread and paprika. Spread on bread (you can cut the crusts off if you want). Sprinkle with paprika. Cut bread into triangles and place on cookie sheet. Broil for 2-3 min, until topping starts to bubble and brown.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I LOVE cranberry juice. I never had it until after I gave birth to my daughter 22 years ago. I can't tolerate OJ and it was the only other juice they had on hand. It's become a "comfort" drink for me because it reminds me of her. I've been seeing Ocean Spray commercials advertising a "bubbly".....sorry, can't think of the word, version of this. Have any of you seen this in stores? I haven't been able to find it in mine.
    Bunny, have you tried Amazon.com? I generally find the "hard to find" there, and it is usually free shipping and handling.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've had it and it reminds me of sparkling bottled juices I used to get long ago. They have it in regular and diet here. I tried the diet to try and be good but I can't stand diet drinks so I'll stick to the regular. To me, sugar substitutes have a distinctive aftertaste so I can tell their diet without even reading the label. My dad says he can't tell the difference between diet soft drinks and regular ones. I wish I could be that way!

The flavors they have are cranberry and pomegranate blueberry. Both are very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post

I love 100% Cranberry juice and have it every morning with just a splash of orange juice.
    I have seen the Sparkling Cranberry drink on the top shelf with the individual servings of cranberry juice. I haven't tried it.
    I did try the Ocean Spray blueberry juice and it was too sweet for my taste.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I love the Ocean Spray sparkling pom/bueberry--they are addictive! It's really easy to get for me--even the little neighborhood Walmart has it. Usually it's in the juice/water aisle, but more with the fizzy sports/energy drinks.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm old school. I do my shopping lists with pen and paper. Sometimes I'll put it on a sticky note or the back of a envelope instead of using a full sheet of paper.
    My husband does our weekly shopping and he keeps the list in a flip top notebook that he call "Harriet." A tribute to "Harriet the Spy." He cannot function without her.

+ Reply to Thread