+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 469 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Oh yeah, that would get expensive! I am assuming you don't have Trader Joes where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3230772;
    I had a Pesto Chicken Salad sandwich the other day that was FABULOUS. I want to recreate it. I am thiking that they put the chicken in a food processor as it was not chunky in big pieces, but more the same size. It also had mayo in it. So I'm thinking that I can just mix prepared pesto with some mayo and some chopped chicken. What do you guys think? You can mix Pesto with mayo right? Or do you think the oil in the Pesto willl separate from the mayo?
    Yes, you can mix the both if you like. I would however make grilled chicken first to add really good flavor. I take boneless, skinless breasts, season with seasoned pepper and garlic powder or garlic salt - then grill a few minutes on each side. You can then slice it in chunks or in large slices, if you wish. You could either spread one side with mayo and one side with pesto, or mix the 2. Either way, the grilled chicken will make it fabulous. Enjoy.

MRD

No trader joes here. I wish. I think the closest one is in Atlanta which is at best 2 hours away. And depending on where in Atlanta it is, could be much further. I am so jealous of all you guys with Trader Joes.

I consider myself lucky we have Whole Foods and Fresh Market (which is just 2 blocks from me and I now must make myself stay out of there as much as possible as my grocery budget can get blown quite quickly on just one small bag of stuff. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We are getting a store called "Fresh and Easy" sometime next year. It is supposed to be close to Trader Joes but not as fancy. You bag your own groceries and the aisles are bare but if it cuts down on costs, I am all for it. Is anyone familiar with this store? I hear they're from Europe.

Has anyone on the East Coast been to a Wegman's? It's supposedly like a combination Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, according to my boyfriend, who stopped at one and loved it. Yes, we're people who will go scope out new grocery stores for fun. We don't have a Wegman's here though.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Oh Lucy. Wegmans is WONDERFUL. They started in Western New York, so I grew up with them. I've never been to a better grocery store in my life. They have all the good parts of Whole Foods/TJ's, but also the more "normal" stuff, and you don't have to necessarily spend Whole Foods-style money there. They're generally really large, and have great prepared foods and a great bakery and wonderful fresh seafood and and and ... really, the list goes on and on. They're also supposed to be a great company to work for, with excellent benefits and all sorts of perks that your typical grocery stores don't generally offer these days.

Grr, Amanda, then I'm jealous! The boyfriend did mention their delicious prepared foods. A town about an hour north of me is due to get a Wegman's next year. I am up there for business sometimes so at least I can visit, but from the sound of it, I wish we'd gotten a Wegman's instead of the Whole Foods that just opened.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm trying to make ratatouille today. Wish Me Luck!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Good luck. ratatouille is delicious and fairly easy, so you should be ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ok, what is ratatouille?
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread