+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 475 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

oooh I'd like to try that brunette trixie
    Husband and I are always up for branching out and trying new cheeses.. the last time we did though we picked up a variety of new cheeses. The only one that even had staying power in my brain was Emmentaler, and that was because I was so dissapointed. We are forever on a quest to track down this amazing Smoked Havarti we had at a bistro last winter.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3190103;
    My stomach hurts just thinking about those little buggers in the can!!

I love to have raw red meat in my hands. I love molding hamburgers into really nice patties. I hate touching chicken. When I cut the chicken before cooking I wash my hands about 20 times and get a toothbrush out to clean under my nails. It is the nastiest thing for me!
    I was watching Paula Deen rub seasoning into ribs and she was talking about how much she likes to massage meat. I was
    You two MUST get together. I hate touching meat. I mix my meatloaf in a plastic bag that I knead and then cut the corner off and squeeze the meatloat into the pan.

Lucy, I still have not made your mom's spoonbread. I got everything out last night and before I could start it, my husband plopped down two BIG pots on the stove to make country fried steak and mashed potatos and I had no room and he was yelling at me to get out of the way. I was NOT happy either.
    I'm hoping to make it this weekend.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3190585;
    I bought some really nice cheese at Costco last week, it's called Dubliner and it's imported from Ireland (no duh!). It's hard and crumbly like a parmesan cheese, but with a milder taste. I've been eating it with olives, pickles, apples, and crackers. So yummy!
    i love Dubliner, it's a great cheese.

Anyone else eat cheddar cheese with apple pie? I love that - it's what I grew up with, even though I lived most of my life in NY. My parents were from New England, so maybe that is the reason. Any New Englander's out there to verify that?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

My dad ate cheddar cheese with apple pie, and also ate cheese and jam sandwiches. I always thought it was his Scottish heritage

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3190744;
    I was watching Paula Deen rub seasoning into ribs and she was talking about how much she likes to massage meat. I was
    Paula Deen was getting a Boston Butt roast ready for the oven and she said "I like to ruuuuub my meat" and then burst out laughing like she always does. It was hilarious.

MRD

I used to eat cheddar cheese and peanut butter on ritz crackers with a banana slice on top. I was also pregnant which might account for that combo. But it was actually pretty good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My brother always ate peanut butter and Velveeta cheese sandwiches and I must admit, they're pretty darn good.

Not sure I could stomach the Velveeta/Peanut Butter combo but there is nothing better on toast than PB and sliced banana

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3190761;
    i love Dubliner, it's a great cheese.

Anyone else eat cheddar cheese with apple pie? I love that - it's what I grew up with, even though I lived most of my life in NY. My parents were from New England, so maybe that is the reason. Any New Englander's out there to verify that?
    Oh Yes! New Englander here....My Mom used to say "Apple Pie without cheese is like a hug without a squeeze"
    Last edited by Bunny555; 09-06-2008 at 01:24 AM.
    CYA

I've seen Dubliner cheese at Costco and wondered what it was like, i'll pick some up next time I'm there. I've asked this question before and didn't get a response, hopefully someone will know what I am talking about. Has anyone had Burrata cheese? It is to die for!!! I love love love Buratta. I had some tonight on fresh tomatoes from the Farmers Market. Burrata cheese is fresh mozzarella with fresh cream in the center. It's made in Italy and also in southern California. Once you purchase it, it must be used within a couple of days. Once you experience this incredible cheese you will never forget it.

Cowgirl Creamery - Library of Cheese
    Last edited by luvsginger; 09-06-2008 at 01:24 AM.

I LOVE cheese. I often eat cheese, olives, crackers, apples and olives as a meal. Havarti is one of my favorites. I also love smoked Edam. I'm going to have to check out the Dubliner and the Burrata though.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread