+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

We're talking about eggs in the Koffee Klatch thread and this one. Makes me confused about which part of the forum I'm in!

Now we just need to have a reality show about chicken farmers so we can discuss eggs there.

Well, there's always Rosanne Barr's new one about her nut farm. She's feeding chickens in the ad for it.
    Count your blessings!

I'm going to a appetizer shower for a bride. I need something easy & unique. Any thoughts?
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Ooooh! I've got a good one - my chef daughter makes it... get fresh pineapple chunks (or cut up a fresh one yourself) and cut raw bacon in thirds. Wrap the pineapple with the bacon and secure it with a toothpick, then bake it in the oven...350* for 25 min. Sooo good!
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That sounds simple to make and very good, Gut. I bet the combo of sweet and salty is really yummy!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

One of my most asked-for recipes is blue cheese tarts. They're very simple to make and people just love them.

I use this recipe for the filling (omitting the nuts), frozen mini fillo phyllo shells, and top the tarts with diced tomatoes before cooking.

Blue Cheese Tart Recipe - Food.com - 342116

It is - and it's fast and easy and requires no special cooking knowledge. I would recommend using the non-stick foil to line the baking sheet and use kitchen tongs to lift them off and onto the serving dish. My daughter has served these three times at my house and they were a hit with everyone.
    Count your blessings!

Chef daughter coming home Wednesday! Preparing to go off diet for a few days...
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    One of my most asked-for recipes is blue cheese tarts. They're very simple to make and people just love them.

I use this recipe for the filling (omitting the nuts), frozen mini fillo phyllo shells, and top the tarts with diced tomatoes before cooking.

Blue Cheese Tart Recipe - Food.com - 342116
    Can you repost the link, or paste in the recipe?

I tried opening it 2x and it wouldn't allow me to. TIA. THat recipe sounds delish!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Got a shipment of Dusseldorf mustard last week. Love that stuff, and you (well, I) can't find it in the stores anymore. What did I do before Amazon.com??? I can generally find things that are missing from my grocery store, that used to be there, on that site.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread