+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree528Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    OMG I LOVE Amy's products!!!! That's the only kind of prepared food in my freezer. Well, that and Kashi's Mayan Bake (to die for).
    I do, too. A bit on the pricey side, but worth it in the long run (still less expenive than medical copayments for circulatory & diabetes meds, additional dr. visits, labs, etc.) for hubby and me.

We don't use convenience foods often, but it's a nice option for when my teaching/tutoring schedule goes bonkers and I end up coming home an hour before hubby goes to bed (he has an early schedule; mine is all over the place sometimes). And since most of the ordinary grocery stores and the 7-Eleven types carry them, it's easy to pick up "an Amy" on the way home from work rather than making an extra trip to TJ's.

Fingers crossed for you to get a job there probably nice perks and an employee discount!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't eat a lot of them, either, which is why I don't mind that they're pricier. They're whole grain, some vegan, healthy ingredients. I'm mostly eating veggies, fruits, beans, and some nuts and seeds, but an Amy's meal portion is within the top of the pyramid option for other foods. So when I'm sick to death of salads, or want something warm and satisfying, I go for one of those. Good luck with the job! Try a few of their meals first so you can rave about how much you like them.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have never heard of Amy's. For what are they well known? In other words, what's a good starting point?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have never heard of Amy's. For what are they well known? In other words, what's a good starting point?
    If the Wolfgang Puck Organic Hearty Vegetable Soup (best soup ever) isn't available, Amy's is my second choice when I have to stock up on emergency supplies.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can find Amy's in the health food / organic parts of any given department (canned soups, frozen dinners, etc.)

Oh, and if you have a Trader Joe's, some of their soups are made by Amy's, but with the TJ's label -- and at a cheaper price. One that's in my pantry right now is TJ's Organic Tomato Bisque (low sodium) -- the label looks just like Amy's, but with the TJ's name instead.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I buy Amy's vegetarian entrees in the freezer section of our local supermarket. They are a bit pricey but sometimes I need something quick to make for my vegetarian son. We do have a local Trader Joe's so I will look to see which of their items they carry.

I have not tried Amy's soups, but I am a fan of the frozen dishes! My vegetarian teen son really likes them and even my non-vegetarian kids like them. I do try to watch the labels though because the regular entrees can be pretty high in fat. Our store carries lighter versions of some of the products. I really like the Cheese Tamale Verde and the Black Bean Tamale Verde. My kiddos like the lasagna the best.

Count your blessings!

Wow! Thanks for the link! Looking forward to trying some.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Am I the only person who puts their can of tuna and their boiled eggs in the 'fridge when it's time to make tuna salad? I start getting the inkling of wanting tuna salad a few days before I actually make it, and I start refrigerating. I have a relative that thought that was soooo strange.

+ Reply to Thread