+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Yum, sweet potato fries are good. I haven't tried frozen ones but since you say the Ore-Ida ones are pretty good, I might have to get them when I go to the store next weekend! I'm really trying to eat healthier so I've got to stop going out to fast food places. I intend to get some turkey burger and those sweet potato fries would go perfect with them!

FORT Fogey

I made my own "sweet potato fries" the other night from a recipe (will post it later on "Just Recipes" thread). Very little oil and I used my own blend of spices since I can't have salt. A heck of a lot healthier than the store-bought.

I replaced the counter-top electric grill (think George Foreman) I couldn't find in Ohio and experimented yesterday (all veggie diet). Big portabello mushroom cap - yum. Amy's vegan "quarter pounder" - turned to mush - delicious mush, but will have to try other brands or try cooking it longer. Eggplant - epic fail! Can you say "fried slime"? Today I'll try other veggies. I have a huge vidalia onion, zucchini... any suggestions? Tomato might be good.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love, love, love sweet potato fries, but I haven't had any in years. May have to check out Ore-Ida. Never had them from a fast food restaurant, though.

And now, I'm needing Chinese food!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

So funny! My youngest is in his late 20's and still cannot stand to have the foods on his plate "touching" each other. He also eats them one at a time, and while he loves veggies, they have to be minced to sushi size. Otherwise, their textures make him gag.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

We had pancakes for dinner tonight, blueberry, raspberry, plain or chocolate chip. As I was cooking up the last of the chocolate chip, I threw in a few raspberries. Heaven!!!!! The raspberries had been fresh picked from our garden about an hour previously.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Let me know the next time you have pancake night at your house. I want an invite! Just tell me what to bring (kielbasa? bacon? whipped cream?).

MRD

We love sweet potato fries. I buy Ore-ida and make my own.
    I too eat one thing at a time. The only time I have a problem with it touching is at a buffet where the sauces would run into other things on my plate. My husband and daughter don't like foods all mixed up which is why they don't like casseroles or most soups.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Amy's is opening a plant right down the road from me. (literally). I am hoping to get a job there. They took over the Sara Lee bakery factory. I had never heard of them and am checking out their products now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OMG I LOVE Amy's products!!!! That's the only kind of prepared food in my freezer. Well, that and Kashi's Mayan Bake (to die for).
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread