+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Actually, we just bought some that are fairly good size and sweet too. Must be coming from different places.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OMG! - Steamed kale with raspberry-infused balsamic vinegar. Who knew? I thought I hated kale.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: you and/or your children: When you eat cream of wheat/farina, do you prefer butter and salt or sugar and milk? This came from a group discussion this weekend!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Re: you and/or your children: When you eat cream of wheat/farina, do you prefer butter and salt or sugar and milk? This came from a group discussion this weekend!
    A little pat of butter and a teaspoon of turbinado sugar (it has to be turbinado for texture).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Never butter. That sounds gross, IMO.
    We always had it with milk and cinnamon and sugar.
    To this day, whenever I'm sick, I have to make it farina with the above.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Nope, don't eat it. Eat grits (with salt and butter) or oatmeal.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Never been a cream of wheat/farina girl. I only started to even like oatmeal in the last 4 or 5 years.

I got boxes from Angel Food Ministries yesterday and now I'm overloaded with fruit and veg! I had bought cantelopes on sale on Wednesday (2 for $3 - how could I resist?). Add that to the watermelon, honeydew, cantelope, pineapple, mango, oranges, and more that I got from AF and I'm eating A LOT of fruit! I also got carrots, potatoes, onions, squash and cabbage in that box and even more frozen veg in the regular box.

If anyone is considering trying AF, summer is the time to do it with the fruit and veggie box. It's was only $25 and the box was full to bursting. I've already tasted the pineapple and the honeydew and they're both really good!

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to cook all of this food without turning on the stove or the oven in this heat! It's going to be all about the slow cooker and making things in the middle of the night, I think.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I haven't eaten oatmeal in years, but McDonald's and Wendy's make me want to try it again. Just can't seem to get my nerve up, though!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Who can tell me about chorizo? Can it be used like smoked sausage or kielbasa?

Who can tell me about chorizo? Can it be used like smoked sausage or kielbasa?
    Yes and yes. Though I get a leaner chorizo from my butcher.
    It's a bit spicier than standard smoked sausage and kielbasa, so you can use it with more "heavy duty" ingredients, and it won't get lost in the shuffle.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread