+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Yes, but I add crushed Rosemary and then bake until they get slightly crunchy. Delicious
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love fiddleheads, but we don't get them until May out here - we're about 2 weeks behind you. I usually just fry them up in olive oil with a little salt and garlic, but am going to try a stir-fry with that veggie combo Unklescott mentioned. Last year I tried parboiling and freezing them, but they weren't as good.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks mrd, I'm going to make them today.

Gut: I love your avi. I don't recall ever seeing fiddleheads in my area. I watched a cooking show awhile back, the chef went to Quebec to pick them fresh. I'll have to look out for them.

GA Longo's gets them in from New Bruswick

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Went to Sam's last week, looking for good grapes. Got all excited when I saw a sign that said black seedless grapes and red seedless grapes. Not a black grape to be found in the place!!! And the red seedlesses were tiny! Tiny, but sweet. So I brought home a carton of tiny seedless reds..........along with some of the best sausages that I've ever had that I didn't plan to get. They are Asiago cheese, spinach, and chicken sausages. To Die For!!!!

I first had the sausages at the community center. The kids used to call them "green hotdogs"! I have to admit that they ARE ugly, but sooo good! The kids went home and told their parents that they had "green" hotdogs, and we got complaints from the parents like their babies were being mistreated! That center introduced kids to a lot of foods that they wouldn't, ordinarily, get.

Even some of the adults wouldn't taste the falafel. They turned up their noses, until I told them that it tasted like a spicy hush puppy. The kids were much more adventurous than the adults on that one! I hadn't had it, either; I just like trying new foods.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I LOVE falafels. I get the mix and whenever the urge hits me, I just add water and make some up. Yum!
    Count your blessings!

Are ALL of the grapes unusually small right now, or is it just the group that I ran into at Sam's?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Are ALL of the grapes unusually small right now, or is it just the group that I ran into at Sam's?
    They're really small around here, too. My son is bummed ;-)

They are small here too.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Well, at least my small ones are sweet. This is heartbreaking!

+ Reply to Thread