+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4189355;
    I guess I was a weird kid. I not only liked peas, I also liked carrots and broccoli . Still do, and like almost all beans except chickpeas. And I still hate asparagus, beets, rutabagas, eggplants, and avacado.

Wow. Roasted asparagus are one of my favorite things. Put 'em on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes and yum. And avocados are awesome. Especially in guac.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4189809;
    Wow. Roasted asparagus are one of my favorite things. Put 'em on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes and yum. And avocados are awesome. Especially in guac.
    That is my favorite way to eat asparagus too! Love it! I'm also a huge eggplant eater. Love the stuff. I'll eat pretty much any vegetable except not a fan of peas and brussel sprouts. I really want to like brussel sprouts but just don't. I've tried them many different ways and they just aren't good to me.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4189417;
    Frozen peas are great. And they are sweet tasting. I do NOT eat canned ones. Talk about nasty and mushy too. I'm not a fan of fresh ones as I've never been able to cook fresh ones worth a darn.

I will have to find the pea salad recipe I have, has hard boiled egg in it too.

Hey, I'm willing to host a hen (and Rooster Party) up this way. The mountains are not far, maybe 30 minutes. OR we could do it right here in Greenville and take advantage of our GREAT downtown. I think it would be fun. Have to find who has trivia. The only place I know for sure does it on Tuesday nights.
    And we could have one evening at my house and BBQ, have fire in the firepit, etc.

Let's do it
    !
    This sounds like so much fun! Count me in!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

MRD

Roasted beets are fabulous. But I love beets anyway.

I ate so much roasted asparagus that now, I can't eat it anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You, and Oprah, and those damn beets! The problem for me is that I just don't like most root vegetables.

I can eat asparagus until I can't stand myself!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Beets and carrots are about it for me and root veggies
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oprah said she ate so many beets that her urine turned red, and she thought she was bleeding to death! She called the doctor, all in a panic!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For years, I never liked asparagus, until my son made it that way this past summer on the BBQ, along with zuchinni and eggplant. Now that is the only way I love to eat veggies. I'll make them in the oven on a cookie sheet that way, since there's about 3 feet of snow to get to the BBQ.

Wow. Roasted asparagus are one of my favorite things. Put 'em on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes and yum...
    We cook ours that way, too, even good the next day! I mix mine in a bowl with the olive oil, s&p, and sesame seeds, then roast on a pan. So easy and good for you.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

All this talk about peas makes me think of my nephew. His little girl won't eat peas unless they mix them with applesauce!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread