+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 457 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3225249;
    Trixie - I have a very easy sausage ball recipe that might be fun for your tailgate party. I'll post it if you are interested.

Oh, yes please! There's nothing better than sausage, well, except for bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3225284;
    Oh, yes please! There's nothing better than sausage, well, except for bacon.
    Bacon is one of my favorite food groups!

The sausage ball recipe is now posted in the "Just Recipes" thread. They are yummy and SO easy to make. I hope that you enjoy them if you decide to try the recipe.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I am thinking of trying a recipe I found in Parade magazine (and subsequently, elsewhere on the internet) for a tomato-dill soup. Basically, tomato soup with a lot of dill in it. Has anyone ever tried something like that? I like dill, but am trying to envision how those tastes will go together.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FINALLY got to try the To Die For Pot Roast! It is wonderful! We reheated it tonight and ate it with some mashed potatoes.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do I need to put non-stick cooking spray on my Foreman grill? And yes, it's still in the box.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think you need to use it as they are non-stick plates but it won't hurt the grill if you do use it. Just be sure to wipe it clean after every use.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have a question about Bundt pans. Are you supposed to let the cake set in the pan for a few minutes after removing it from the oven? I baked a pumpkin bread in it a couple nights ago. The recipe made 2 loaves, so I just put it into the bundt pan instead. Fine. It turned out just fine, but when I turned it out of the pan - half of it was left behind in the pan. It was a non-stick pan - but due to a previous mistake in it, I used non-stick spray also. After a few minutes, the part left behind came right out - it wasn't even stuck! I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3225722;
    I have a question about Bundt pans. Are you supposed to let the cake set in the pan for a few minutes after removing it from the oven? I baked a pumpkin bread in it a couple nights ago. The recipe made 2 loaves, so I just put it into the bundt pan instead. Fine. It turned out just fine, but when I turned it out of the pan - half of it was left behind in the pan. It was a non-stick pan - but due to a previous mistake in it, I used non-stick spray also. After a few minutes, the part left behind came right out - it wasn't even stuck! I don't get it.
    Every bundt cake recipe I've ever used says to let the cake cool for at least ten minutes before inverting the pan. I think it is because the cake shrinks a bit when it cools so it is easier to get it out whole.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3225748;
    Every bundt cake recipe I've ever used says to let the cake cool for at least ten minutes before inverting the pan. I think it is because the cake shrinks a bit when it cools so it is easier to get it out whole.
    Thanks!! I will do that from here on out.

MRD

Most cakes call for cooling time in the pans. Anywhere from 10-20 min. depending on the size of the pan. As Mariner said, as it cools, it shrinks and is easier to get out.

But if you leave it in the pan and let it cool completely, it won't come out then either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread