+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4150047;
    Has anyone had a pizza from a restaurant called Naked Pizza? They donít have any artificial additives or preservatives in their pizzas. It's got my curiosity up.
    It doesn't look like they are in Canada, but Buffalo has been "awarded" a location according to their website, which is a hop and skip across the border for me. I'll have to watch out for it. Their website is very interesting!

I've already got my order ready.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Make sure you check back and give us the rundown after you go. I'll do the same if/when I run across one!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The "bread, eggs, and milk" thing --
    so, when it snows, people get the urge to make French toast?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4150970;
    We call it a "French Toast Frenzy" amongst my friends. It must be a laxative however because toilet paper is also in all the shopping carts.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4150970;
    That's been my question since we moved here and were told we had to go buy eggs, milk and bread. And then I was told it was in case the power went out, so I asked if I was supposed to boil the eggs and make egg salad to eat on the bread because if the power went out, I would have no way to cook the eggs.

And Unk the laxative thing has me as they will have the GIANT packages of TP and only a dozen eggs.

Lil Bit, we actually went through 2 dozen eggs, 2 lbs of bacon and 2 loaves of bread last week in about 4 days.
    All we did during the "snow" was sleep and eat. And we DID make french toast one of those days.
    It's a good thing I don't live where it snows all winter long as we'd all weigh 800 pounds.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My daughter goes back to school Sat., so we decided on a special dinner to invite my elderly neighbor and break out the last of the wine she brought back from Italy. She made a Moroccan dish called Tagine with lamb, stewed fruits, coriander, cinamon, saffron... on couscous with a side of curried broccoli. It was incredible. There wasn't time to make a dessert, so i got a store specialty - a light mound of almond milk mousse on a pistachio shortread round with a center of raspberries. Yum! The wine was incredible. The neighbor was so touched to be included and fussed that she wasn't able to reciprocate. I told her not to even think twice about that. She even offered to stay and wash the dishes. Ha! I walked her back up the hill because I didn't want her to fall in the dark. Then she was all worried about me making it back down, so I told her to watch out her back window and I'd wave my flashlight at her when I was at my door. She's a sweetie.
    Count your blessings!

Believe it or not, I've never had French toast.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Shay, I was grown before I ate it. I have never been a good breakfast eater. I don't really like eggs unless they are hardboiled and I have a difficult time eating them in the morning. I don't like syrup, so french toast, pancakes and waffles were not something I ate either until much later in life. Now I eat them, but without syrup.

French toast is really good made with some Christmas egg nog.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4151686;
    We call it a "French Toast Frenzy" amongst my friends. It must be a laxative however because toilet paper is also in all the shopping carts.
    Don't forget the Hot dog and Hamburger buns...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4152414;
    Shay, I was grown before I ate it. I have never been a good breakfast eater. I don't really like eggs unless they are hardboiled and I have a difficult time eating them in the morning. I don't like syrup, so french toast, pancakes and waffles were not something I ate either until much later in life. Now I eat them, but without syrup.

French toast is really good made with some Christmas egg nog.
    You know, I think it's strange because I adore breakfast, but I'm not big on sweet breakfasts.

I hate egg nog! Found an egg yolk in the bottom of my glass when I was young, and haven't touched it since. Actually got physically ill; you now how just seeing something can set you off. I love boiled custard, though. It tastes like melted ice cream to me!

+ Reply to Thread