Like Tree381Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Wish I was on your teaching team. Yum
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just called the guy who's going to be hooking up my wood stove "early this week" about the party. That would be awkward. I told him he was welcome to be there then, but wanted to give him the heads up.
    Tres leche something is another sweet dish.
    Count your blessings!

The food for the party was delicious! I had samosas and portabello on arugula pesto "pizza" for breakfast with a thin sliver of tres leche cake (homemade sponge cake soaked in evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk with whipped cream frosting) for breakfast.

Somebody brought me a bottle of non-alcoholic red wine as a gift. It wasn't opened. What can I do with it? Can I use it for cooking like regular wine (beef stew)?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4131117;
    ......Somebody brought me a bottle of non-alcoholic red wine as a gift. It wasn't opened. What can I do with it? Can I use it for cooking like regular wine (beef stew)?
    Gut -- the alcohol evaporates in cooking, which you already know!! Can you give it a try in a stew or pot roast, and if it is not to your liking, toss the rest of the bottle. Although we don't drink any more, I use 1/2 cup burgundy in pot roast, etc. I wonder what the difference would be.....if you try it, let me know, please.

I think that's going to be how it ends up being used. I'll let you know the results.
    Count your blessings!

My sister sent her old pasta roller machine to my daughter for Christmas. We just had fresh fettucini - so light and fluffy!!! I don't know why people don't have fresh pasta every single day. I love good food so much. We just had a simple spaghetti sauce on it, but we topped it with asiago cheese instead of parmesan. Earlier today she made striped (unsweetened) chocolate pasta for Christmas presents.
    Count your blessings!

Can you rent your daughter out, Gut??!!

Chocolate pasta sounds absolutely divine.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4131449;
    My sister sent her old pasta roller machine to my daughter for Christmas. We just had fresh fettucini - so light and fluffy!!! I don't know why people don't have fresh pasta every single day. I love good food so much. We just had a simple spaghetti sauce on it, but we topped it with asiago cheese instead of parmesan. Earlier today she made striped (unsweetened) chocolate pasta for Christmas presents.
    It must be wonderful to have such a talented chef in your family, Gut. My mouth is drooling over the fresh fettucini... I could never tire of pasta BUT IDK about the chocolate pasta... I've never heard of it so let us know what it tastes like and how it is prepared, ok?

MRD

I'm curious too Gut about the chocolate pasta. I've had some flavored pastas I loved and some that I thought sounded great but really had no discernable taste from regular pasta. The squid ink pasta was cool looking, but I didn't think it tasted that much different from regular pasta.

So, what do you put on chocolate pasta? I'd probably make a sauce out of Hersey syrup.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The hostess on Christmas is making a goose.

I seem to remember my grandmother making one many years ago. I seem to remember that it tasted gamey.

Has anybody had goose? Can they describe what it's similar to? Do I need to fill up on the side dishes?

TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread