+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 475 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Where is the To Die For Pot Roast recipe posted? I'm about to die if I don't get to try this soon since everyone keeps talking about it. It sounds yummy!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

There were no leftovers from our roast last night. My son actually ate nearly a pound of meat and I made mashed potatoes to go with it! I swear sometimes I wonder if he's going to wake up 600lbs with all the food he eats!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

My daughter's boyfriend is like that. I made a HUGE meatloaf a while back. i used about 2 1/2 pounds of ground meat and then added stuff to it. He ate at least half of it and all the fixings to go with it. And he's skinny as a rail. If I didn't like him so much, I'd have to kick him for being able to eat like that and not gain weight.

I have stew in the crockpot and we have the dining room semi-cleaned up, so we can actually sit down to eat tonight.

It has rained all day and been in the low 50's all day, so I figured stew would be a good, warm, cozy meal.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, the weight will catch up with him, probably! I know that it caught up with most of the people that I knew!

When I made my "To Die For" I think my meat had been in the freezer too long; the taste did not thrill me....plus I'm not a huge fan of thick slabs of beef. I'm willing to try it again with a fresher cut of meat. I wish I could be a vegetarian, but I just can't fully go in that direction, either. Can you say, "Frustrating??"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay, you could try it with a pork roast and change the brown gravy for a turkey gravy or something.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3222969;
    mrd, the weight will catch up with him, probably! I know that it caught up with most of the people that I knew!

When I made my "To Die For" I think my meat had been in the freezer too long; the taste did not thrill me....plus I'm not a huge fan of thick slabs of beef. I'm willing to try it again with a fresher cut of meat. I wish I could be a vegetarian, but I just can't fully go in that direction, either. Can you say, "Frustrating??"!
    Well let me just say that the kid loves me. Since my gastric surgery, I can't eat much, so he's always getting my leftovers. He drove me to the store earlier and I had him go through a drive through and he didn't want anything. i got a chicken sandwich and he ended up with the part I couldn't eat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have the To Die For Pot Roast cooking right now! It smells great and I may have to dig into it before Mr. Doxie gets home. I'm going to make mashed potatoes to go with it but I'm also thinking of tossing in some carrots, celery and onions towards the end of the cooking time.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

mmmmmmmmmm yummy doxie! Mr Doxie is going to love you tonight!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

We're having a Steeler "tailgate" party at work on Monday to get pumped up for the big Monday night game. I'm going to make spicy turkey chili, but I was wondering if anyone had some other suggestions for good tailgate/football game food that doesn't go on a grill.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3224615;
    mmmmmmmmmm yummy doxie! Mr Doxie is going to love you tonight!!
    Well, after slaving over a hot crock pot all day yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch while waiting for Mr. Doxie to get home from work. He arrived home, feasted on the To Die For Pot Roast and then put the leftovers in the fridge without waking me up. So, I have yet to try the pot roast! Mr. Doxie LOVED it though and I am going to reheat it for dinner tonight and eat some of it whether he gets home on time or not!

Trixie - I have a very easy sausage ball recipe that might be fun for your tailgate party. I'll post it if you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread