+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

I made green pea and corn salad using fresh corn cut off the cob. It was fabulous. And no one else liked it but me. So it's all MINE! :-)

I love summer. Maybe next year my spring won't be so messed up and I can plant some stuff and have fresh from MY garden.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3975323;
    Gut, I just put your peach cobbler in the oven. It smells divine already. Some of my neighbors are coming over for a little study break with me. At the last minute, I threw in a little almond extract and it is making my house smell great. Thanks again for sharing that wonderful recipe a couple years ago.
    You're welcome! I've been wanting to make that, but all my recipes are in Ohio. I forgot that I could get it here.
    I'm not finding it... is it in this thread, the just recipes thread, or did everything from the old general food thread get dumped when all this became branched out? Maybe someone could bump it for me if it's still here... or give me the post # and which thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-12-2010 at 11:02 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, post #5028 in the closed recipes thread, is a peach cobbler that you posted and it sounds fabulous.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do the sandwich shops, like Subway, not carry rye buns? I'm pretty sure I prefer rye to all other breads. It's either white or wheat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thank you Bunny555! I've copied it to a document so I'll have it to make this week. Now I'll have to search that thread for some of my other recipes that are in Ohio at the moment. I'd like to make my hostess a tin of rumballs for a thank you.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3976474;
    Why do the sandwich shops, like Subway, not carry rye buns? I'm pretty sure I prefer rye to all other breads. It's either white or wheat.
    LOL, I never thought about it, but that is such a good question! I would definitely get rye too!

Well I made couscous tonight! I sauteed chopped red pepper, celery, carrots, garlic (from Italy) added chopped crab till it was all mixed, a bit of montreal steak spice, and spooned it over couscous! Delicious! My favourite substitute for rice. I like rice, but this is different, and now that I've had it on its own, I think I would not mix it with rice in the future.

Thanks everyone!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe this is where this problem goes? I am having fruit fly drama in my kitchen. I have removed everything that I suspect could be causing the problem. I used apple cider vinegar and a little dish detergent in a bowl....the not-so-stupid flies won't have anything to do with it; they crawl around the rim of the bowl, but that's about it. Tomorrow, I'm going to buy the cheapest wine that I can find and put some in a glass and see if that works. Any advice?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4026158;
    Any advice?
    Hot Shot :: No-Pest Strip - 5580

These work great! You can get them at the grocery store.

prhoshay, this fruit fly trap has worked for me:

pour some of the cider vinegar into a tall glass or jar, make a funnel from a sheet of paper, and let it rest in the mouth of the glass or jar without touching the vinegar... the flies crawl in but they cannot crawl out... and I know it goes without saying, but just be sure to take the "trap" outside to empty it.

Good luck; I know how annoying they can be!

+ Reply to Thread