+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

A friend I was shopping with at Trader Joe's recommended their Stilton cheese. I just had a small wedge of it with apple slices and O.M.G.!!! Wow. (This should probably go in the TJ thread, but since we're talking about cheese...). I love goat cheese. I love beets. I've had them in combination in a salad but never on a sandwich. Hmmm. Beet sandwich. I think I'll stick with salad.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There are multiple root veggies that I find distasteful. Unfortunately.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I'm not fond of turnips, but I do like their greens. But I like all other root vegetables.

Cold beets on a salad are delish. And I do love Harvard Beets.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A few years back, I had a fabulous appetizer with beets at a restaurant in NYC. It was sliced beets, layered with marscapone cheese and smoked salmon and then topped with fresh basil. Three years later, we still talk about how good it was!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3951817;
    A few years back, I had a fabulous appetizer with beets at a restaurant in NYC. It was sliced beets, layered with marscapone cheese and smoked salmon and then topped with fresh basil. Three years later, we still talk about how good it was!
    I'm drooling. Sounds DIVINE

I'm going to have to try that. My friend and I are alternating the cooking for our evening meals and I've done all my usual meals once now. I'm not usually much of a cook, but I'm going to have to get on the ball now. Neither one of us has done smoked salmon and that sounds delicious.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3951549;
    There are multiple root veggies that I find distasteful. Unfortunately.
    Meee too. Almost all of them. I use potatoes as a vehicle for some condiment (sour cream, A1, mayo in potato salad), and I do like raw carrots. Turnips, rutabagas, yams, sweet potatoes, beets... no. I can choke most of them down, but by and large, I'm not a fan. I similarly dislike probably every single form of winter squash.

For zucchini, one of my favourites, is zucchini loaves, which you can make and freeze.

Goat cheese is heavenly. One of my favourite is pizza dough, drizzle a little olive oil, top with black olives, goat cheese and any grilled vegtable you might have left over from another meal. The last one I did was grilled eggplant. I first had this in Italy, brick oven baked, I could eat that everyday! Another one I had in Italy was grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini and grilled red pepper, yum!

Can someone direct me to the cucumber dip? I'm not seeing it in this thread.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3952419;
    For zucchini, one of my favourites, is zucchini loaves, which you can make and freeze.

Goat cheese is heavenly. One of my favourite is pizza dough, drizzle a little olive oil, top with black olives, goat cheese and any grilled vegtable you might have left over from another meal. The last one I did was grilled eggplant. I first had this in Italy, brick oven baked, I could eat that everyday! Another one I had in Italy was grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini and grilled red pepper, yum!

Can someone direct me to the cucumber dip? I'm not seeing it in this thread.
    I believe it's in Just Recipes and is spread, not dip but you could use it as a dip

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Am I the last one to know that we should wash the reusable grocery totes after we use them? There seems to be a bacteria problem...e. coli, for one...that is prevalent. Why doesn't it say that on the bags???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread