+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 479 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I love fried dill pickles! The chicken fried bacon sounds interesting too.

We went to a Fall Festival a few weeks ago. The ONLY reason that I talked Mr. Doxie into going to this was because he saw an ad for the festival and it mentioned fried pies...
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I love fried dill pickles too I'm the only one in my family that does. I just love dill pickles period I'm on a diet right now so I don't think any of that stuff is on my list In fact one of those items would probably be my calorie count for the day. Eating that stuff once in a while is okay....ya gotta do it when you're at a fair. It's half the fun!

MRD

I'm another fried pickle fan.

I would like to try the fried coke. I've never had a fried twinkie or snickers bar. I don't go to fars much anymore. But I may have to start to give a few of these a try.

Sonic had fried cheesecake last Dec. and it wasn't too bad.

I've also seen fried mac and cheese, but I haven't tried it either.

Anything that is "chicken fried", is dipped in a batter and fried like fried chicken.
    In Florida, you used to be able to get "country fried steak", but here it's called "chicken fried steak". It's basically a cube steak that is battered and fried and topped with white gravy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I literally can't eat at fairs because too much fat in food, (ie anything deep fried) makes me very, very sick. This is a good thing because I shouldn't be eating that crap anyway, but still. Sometimes I would just love to eat a fried twinkie or oreo.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I'll admit, I got a little queasy after eating all that fried stuff. I usually eat pretty well and avoid fried anything, but the fair only comes once a year, so I don't mind pigging out that once. It was fun.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3220176;
    I'll admit, I got a little queasy after eating all that fried stuff. I usually eat pretty well and avoid fried anything, but the fair only comes once a year, so I don't mind pigging out that once. It was fun.
    Exactly. A once a year fair binge is totally allowable.

My brother's wife watches his diet constantly. And he's pretty good about eating very healthy. But one year at Thanksgiving she made a huge scene about him eating a deviled egg. His health is very good, so I said, what's the issue with being able to live it up a little on Thanksgiving? She launched into me.
    So he sat by me at dinner and I passed him deviled eggs under the table.

That's funny Thank god they didn't have a dog! I have to admit that I usually feel a little queasy too after eating all that fat! It tastes good but I pay for it later. We actually stopped going to one restaurant nearby because although it was possible to get some low fat foods, my daughter ALWAYS got sick afterwards. I don't think they changed the french fry oil often enough or something like that Deviled eggs made with low fat mayo aren't that bad. She should have been more worried about the gravy... But yeah, if you eat a healthy diet, going off once in a while is okay. I still want to taste deep fried coke. I guess I'll have to make a trip south sometime.

I'm not criticizing anyone for splurging once in awhile. I'd do it too, if I could and actually do with the things that I'm able to eat. It's just that I had weight loss surgery 3 years ago and since then I haven't been able to eat sugar or anything fried. Sugar goes through me in about 10 minutes and you don't want to know any more about that!! And fried foods make me vomit. We go to fairs and I see all the food and I want to eat some but even a little has made me sick at times. It's a bummer but like I said, it's food like those that got me in the shape where I needed WLS, so it's good that I can't have them. Doesn't make the want go away though.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I tried the fried oreos and fried coke at our state fair a couple of weeks ago. The oreos were ok, but the "coke" mostly just tasted like oil and dough to me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3220213;
    I'm not criticizing anyone for splurging once in awhile. I'd do it too, if I could and actually do with the things that I'm able to eat. It's just that I had weight loss surgery 3 years ago and since then I haven't been able to eat sugar or anything fried. Sugar goes through me in about 10 minutes and you don't want to know any more about that!! And fried foods make me vomit. We go to fairs and I see all the food and I want to eat some but even a little has made me sick at times. It's a bummer but like I said, it's food like those that got me in the shape where I needed WLS, so it's good that I can't have them. Doesn't make the want go away though.
    Lil Bit, congrats on your surgery. I had it too and while I can have a "little' bit of sugar or fried foods, if I eat too much, then I pay as well. I know I talk about food all the time but in all honesty, if I eat something I'm not supposed too, I can only eat about 2-3 bites of it. And amazingly enough, now, that satisfies me. Whereas before, I would have been satisfied with an entire bag of oreos instead of just one.

Lucy, I had to tell you that I have Poke Sallet growing beside my creek at the new house. I'm SO excited. I know it's not the right time of year to eat it, but I can't wait until it is. I've had it before, but never been able to pick it or prepare it myself. (really looking forward to changing the boiled water in it 7 times. ) I knew you'd know what I was talking about and would be excited for me.

For the rest of you: Pokeweed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ Reply to Thread