+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Gut, I am drooling and I don't even like eggplant.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3903603;
    Gut, that sounds delicious, and Ellen, I just checked out your husband's blog and the recipes look great (and they sound so easy, which makes it even better).
    Thanks! We love healthy and flavorful -- and easy!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Can anyone suggest a good way to thaw pizza dough? How long would it take in the refrigerator? It's in a plastic bag. Thanks!

I may be too late if you wanted it tonight, but if the bag is air tight, I'd put it in a bowl/pan of warm water.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3911006;
    I may be too late if you wanted it tonight, but if the bag is air tight, I'd put it in a bowl/pan of warm water.
    Haven't done it yet, so that's a great idea. Thanks!

You're welcome! That's how I defrost fish as well. Since the flesh tends to be less dense, it thaws in no time
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3900423;
    P.S. Let me know how you like the cauliflower. I was never a cauliflower fan, but made myself eat it because it's "good for me." But I LOVE it this way!
    Okay, I finally tried that recipe tonight and it was delicious! I didn't use the kumquats because I couldn't find them at the local market, so that's something to try the next time I fix it. All in all though, it was terrific and pretty easy to fix. I didn't grind the peppercorns or the coriander - I had them ground already, but I don't think that makes an appreciable difference.

It's so nice to have another veggie recipe in my arsenal!

MRD

I have been making Livin's roasted chickpeas like crazy. They are the perfect snack and everyone loves them.

I'm off to the store to get 4 more cans of chick peas.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This may be a stupid question, but when is the last time that anyone has seen any Peach NeHi in the store? I'm having a craving!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3916924;
    Okay, I finally tried that recipe tonight and it was delicious! I didn't use the kumquats because I couldn't find them at the local market, so that's something to try the next time I fix it. All in all though, it was terrific and pretty easy to fix. I didn't grind the peppercorns or the coriander - I had them ground already, but I don't think that makes an appreciable difference.

It's so nice to have another veggie recipe in my arsenal!
    Dave didn't use the kumquats either, but I want to next time, because I think they'd be a yummy addition. And now we can find them in all the farmers' markets. I think Dave ground the peppercorns and coriander -- mainly because we got the whole ones in the bulk jars at the natural foods store up the road, but the already-ground stuff would've been fine. We did use less pepper the second time around because we wanted the heat to be more of an "afterthought" than a "spotlight" flavor. The beauty of this recipe is that it's so easily adjustable to individual tastes.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread