+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 473 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3217340;
    I too am not a donut person - I worked in Dunkin' as a kid and got soured on them.

Until....

Hot Hand-Dipped Homemade Donuts - The Fractured Prune Donut Shoppe

Never in my life have I had such a delectible creation. Holeeeeee crap. I'm glad they only have them where I vacation or I fear I'd be in a diabetic coma and 100 pounds overweight!. Just look at the choices: Donut Menu

MBP, don't know if you're near NYC or upstate, but have you ever tried either of Donut Pub (?) or Donut Plant? I've heard lots about those, but have never tried either. Or any other New Yorkers, for that matter...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3217473;
    MBP, don't know if you're near NYC or upstate, but have you ever tried either of Donut Pub (?) or Donut Plant? I've heard lots about those, but have never tried either. Or any other New Yorkers, for that matter...
    I live right above NYC and haven't heard of either - it's just Dunkin Donuts around here

Crit - I'm telling you, it's a good thing they aren't around here. that's one of those things you crave!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can please somebody explain to me how a mezzaluna is used?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Whenever I uses mine, I put whatever I want to have chopped on a chopping board. The I put the mezzaluna down and rock it back and forth while moving it around in a circle so everything gets chopped. It's really nice for herbs.

I was at our State Fair today and amazed at how many things you can get deep fried....Coca-Cola, cookie dough, peanut butter & jelly sandwich, Twinkie, Oreos, Snickers, latte, banana splits, banana and honey/peanut butter balls and the winner of the Best Taste award, chicken fried bacon. The line for the chicken fried bacon was a mile long. Not that I was willing to try it. Just the thought of it has my arteries hardening.

We stuck with the usual - Fletcher's Corny Dogs, funnel cake, and cotton candy. It's a treat we only get once a year!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Mmmmm. That sounds good Lil. I have never had chicken fried anything so I for sure would have had the bacon. I'm going to go google chicken fried to see what it is And just out of curiosity, how the heck do you deep fry Coca Cola???

The Coca-Cola is actually Coke flavored batter that's deep fried and topped with Coke flavored fountain syrup, whipped cream and cherries. Sounds good.

My husband tried a strip of the chicken fried bacon(along with one of everything else ) last week and said it was really good. The description I read said it was seasoned, double dipped in batter, breaded and then fried.

I forgot. They also had fried cheesecake, fried S'mores, and fried grilled cheese sandwiches. If it's edible, I think they can fry it.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

They didn't have the bacon at my fair this week, but the deep-fried Oreos were surprisingly good. I had the fried Pepsi last year, not bad.

I ate a corn dog, frozen bananas, cotton candy, fried mushrooms, little cinnamon sugar donuts (), fried Oreos and took home caramel apples this week from the fair. Needless to say, I'll be hitting the gym after work.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That's called adventure eating!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've had a fried Twinkie before and it was most yummy!

I'd love to try the fried grilled cheese and then have some fried dill pickles to go with it!!!

Fried cola/pepsi sounds quite tasty too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread