+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree519Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

What a fun blog - and gorgeous pictures!
    Has anyone tried Ben & Jerry's new flavor - Boston Cream Pie? I can I lose weight if they keep making these delicious flavors?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Be careful what you wish for. A couple weeks ago, I posted on my facebook page that I was craving BBQ ribs. Got to Florida last week and was invited to a cookout on Fri. and one on Sun. and they both did ribs. Then a friend came over on Sat. and brought dinner and guess what it was? RIBS!
    So, I had ribs 3 days in a row. And now I am no longer craving them. I could go a while without eating ribs now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ben and Jerry's? Ribs? It all sounds good to me!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3897298;
    My husband recently started a blog with a food-and-wine theme: My Tummy Is Telling Me "Enough!"
    The emphasis is on not-too-difficult healthy cooking that's tasty and creative. Check it out!

BTW, the title, "My Tummy is Telling Me 'Enough!'" comes from when he made something really good, and he asked me if I wanted any more. It was yummy, but I couldn't eat another bite -- so I responded, "My head is saying 'yes,' but my tummy is telling me 'enough!'"
    That food looks great Ellen. I am bookmarking for future reference!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3897781;
    What a fun blog - and gorgeous pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3899849;
    That food looks great Ellen. I am bookmarking for future reference!!
    Thank you! I'm sure my husband will find that very encouraging. The photography is a joint effort: sometimes I'm the photographer; sometimes he is. But he's also a graphic artist, so he's great at adding the artistic effects to the "intro" shots in Photoshop. (He switches out the intro shots from time to time.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The blog looks great, Ellen! I've actually been looking for a new recipe for cauliflower, so I'm going to try that roasted one. It sounds delicious!

BTW - those dishes are fabulous!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wish I had kitchen tendencies! I was in the wrong line when God gave out those talents/preferences.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3900026;
    I wish I had kitchen tendencies! I was in the wrong line when God gave out those talents/preferences.
    Those of us in the restaurant business love people like you!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3900017;
    The blog looks great, Ellen! I've actually been looking for a new recipe for cauliflower, so I'm going to try that roasted one. It sounds delicious!

BTW - those dishes are fabulous!
    Thank you! We got the dishes (the rustic brown ones) from my brother for Christmas. They were made by an artist with whom his organization works, in Evansville, IN.

I am a very lucky woman to have a husband who not only loves to cook, but cooks well, and healthy!

P.S. Let me know how you like the cauliflower. I was never a cauliflower fan, but made myself eat it because it's "good for me." But I LOVE it this way!

====================
    Only five bucks from my goal for the Kidney Walk! I'm walking in honor of my husband, who is a kidney transplant recipient of over 23 years. Still healthy, still going strong -- much of it due to information received from the National Kidney Foundation. If you'd like to help . . .
    National Kidney Foundation - 2010 Kidney Walk:EllenGreen
    Last edited by Ellen; 05-11-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3900423;
    P.S. Let me know how you like the cauliflower. I was never a cauliflower fan, but made myself eat it because it's "good for me." But I LOVE it this way!
    Will do I have to pick up a few ingredients - I don't tend to keep kumquats in the house! Would the recipe suffer if I left out the red pepper flakes? I have to watch it with the spicy food? - I love it, but it doesn't love me!

The only other way I cook cauliflower - other than just steaming it in things - is an old family recipe involving dry mustard, mayo and shredded cheese. I should post it in the recipes thread. It's super-simple, but everyone I've given it to has loved it. One friend actually said she "test drove" the recipe before a big dinner and ended up eating the entire thing out of the pan, with some help from her husband!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread