+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree399Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

That does sound good - never heard of it! Do you just slice the avocados, or mash them?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Either way. I usually just slice because I'm lazy like that, but I've had 'em at restaurants where the avocado is mashed and spread on one of the pieces of bread.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Wanted a BLAT yesterday, but settled for a BLT. Didn't have any A.
    Adding the A makes a really good addition, though I have to say I love them both!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3880322;
    Cripes, I shouldn't have read this thread. Now, I'm going to have to have a BLAT (Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato) soon.
    One of my favorites! Totally going to the farmers market this week for avocados...and tomatoes! I usually slice my avocados - it's just easier to slice them in the skin and then "flip" the slices out with the knife.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just found my favorite Starwberry Shortcake flavored Skinny Cows. Yum! I can never seem to find this flavor, but was in the grocery store yesterday and came across them. They are the best!

Also, all this avocado talk is making me want to whip up some guacamole. Avocados were in the grocery store yesterday really cheap and I should have bought some. One of the best sandwiches I ever had was turkey, mashed up avocado, sprouts, and tomato on toasted sourdough. Delicious!

Sliced avos as a side/condiment go with many things; with or without lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes.

A current fave is chicken quesadillas (chicken, onion and cheese inside). After cooking, cut into slices
    like a pizza, peel back the top tortilla and put avo, lettuce leaf, and a tiny dab of sour cream inside each
    slice. Optional: chipotle sauce and/or pico de gallo.

I've been known to eat 1/2 or whole avo with a spoon, right out of the "shell", plain, for a snack or quickie lunch.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3881242;
    Sliced avos as a side/condiment go with many things; with or without lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes.

A current fave is chicken quesadillas (chicken, onion and cheese inside). After cooking, cut into slices
    like a pizza, peel back the top tortilla and put avo, lettuce leaf, and a tiny dab of sour cream inside each
    slice. Optional: chipotle sauce and/or pico de gallo.

I've been known to eat 1/2 or whole avo with a spoon, right out of the "shell", plain, for a snack or quickie lunch.
    I'm known to do that to........just did it today and I also made me a sandwich of sauteed mushrooms and avocado on orawheat sandwich thin bread......yummy

I put half on sandwich and had the other half as a side.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just saw avocados on sale, 10/$10, with organics selling for 4/$5.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I forget where I learned this, but I didn't make it up and it is yummy - half an avocado squirted with lemon juice and sprinkled with raisins. Eat with a spoon out of the shell.
    And just in case you didn't know - avocados are high in fat, but it's mono-unsaturated fat... the kind that gets rid of belly fat (others are olives, olive oil, and dark chocolate).
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I eat then that way with just some worchestershire sauce.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread