+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 474 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3188814;
    Phew. That's good. I thought he was eating brains!!! Sounds like a bad movie!
    I don't know. It still sounds kind of nasty to me.

My son likes tongue as well. I've had it once and couldn't take the texture of it in my mouth.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Pioneer woman had a recipe for little smokies wrapped in bacon, coated with a brown sugar glaze and broiled. I made a bunch of those for new years and kept them in the crock pot. They were a hit.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3188605;
    I've seen Vienna Sausages in the store but have never bought them. I have eaten Lil Smokies. Are they similar?
    An EMPHATIC NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Little smokies are great. Viena sausages are mushy, bland, hot doggy like and just a very gross color.

We love pigs in a blanket made with the lil' smokies.

Pork brains and scrambled eggs are huge here. My husband loves them. Me, no way.

My mother used to serve beef tongue. I don't want to eat anything that looks as if it could eat me back.

I do admit to eating Underwood Deviled ham on occasion. But as far as any other canned meat product, no. Although I do love the smoked oysters that come canned.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3188856;

Little smokies are great. Viena sausages are mushy, bland, hot doggy like and just a very gross color.
    That's exactly how I remember them! They are almost flesh color!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD - No offense taken regarding SPAM. Vienna sausages melt in your mouth but not in a good way.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3188932;
    MRD - No offense taken regarding SPAM. Vienna sausages melt in your mouth but not in a good way.
    Am now wiping the diet coke off the computer monitor. I was not expecting THAT!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3188856;

We love pigs in a blanket made with the lil' smokies.

Pork brains and scrambled eggs are huge here. My husband loves them. Me, no way.

My mother used to serve beef tongue. I don't want to eat anything that looks as if it could eat me back.

I do admit to eating Underwood Deviled ham on occasion. But as far as any other canned meat product, no. Although I do love the smoked oysters that come canned.

My father is a huge fan of deviled ham (lol - the kind with the can wrapped in the paper wrapper with little devils on it!). Ok. I don't eat that. But, I DO love ham salad if it is made out of canned ham (like canned tuna) and served on white bread! My husband LOVES the little smokies. He's not happy unless we have a giant crock pot full of little smokies/bbq sauce and grape jelly at every party. I think he is the only one who eats them

I do eat Vienna Sausages about once every 10 years. I have to rinse them very well first to get that nasty jelly or whatever it is that they are packed in off. Please don't tell me what that jelly stuff is. I rinse it off and I don't want to know.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

My stomach hurts just thinking about those little buggers in the can!!

I love to have raw red meat in my hands. I love molding hamburgers into really nice patties. I hate touching chicken. When I cut the chicken before cooking I wash my hands about 20 times and get a toothbrush out to clean under my nails. It is the nastiest thing for me!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I bought some really nice cheese at Costco last week, it's called Dubliner and it's imported from Ireland (no duh!). It's hard and crumbly like a parmesan cheese, but with a milder taste. I've been eating it with olives, pickles, apples, and crackers. So yummy!

+ Reply to Thread