+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Thanks, critical! I looked at the site; no luck, but bookmarked it for future use.

LOL, mrd. The Dove bar on pie is probably at least about 1,000 calories? I consider it ultra pie a la mode. My favorite is peach or berry pie a la Dove.

I've been backing away from sugar quite successfully, though, for about 2 years. I used to have a Dove bar every day or 2; then I kept a bag of Dove bite-sized chocolates on hand and had 5-6 a day. Then I quit stocking them. I bought 5 Milky Way bars on special a week ago and haven't had one yet.

My favorite guilty treat for a while now has been peanut butter, Nutella competitor or cream cheese on a celery stalk. I used to put 2 or 3 almonds on the cream cheese. Yes, I know that Nutella is sugary, but I can't completely walk away from chocolate.

Irish butter?!?!? OH NO! I love butter.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Mrd I found Irish butter at Publix. Have you looked at Rite-Aid for the Dove eggs? They were advertised in our Sunday Rite-Aid sale paper 2 for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3859523;
    ETA: The Easter candy I love but can never find any more is the Cadbury Cream Eggs. They're my favorite and I usually eat one every year (one is enough - they're so rich), but haven't been able to find them for the last few years.
    Apparently they've been shipping them all up here. There are mountainous piles of them sitting beside every cash register in every store that sells any sort of comestibles, and they seem to be here for eight months of every year, possibly longer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I found the Cadbury Creme Eggs! Thanks for the tip, Gnomie - I did end up finding them at Walgreens. I also got one of the orange creme ones and a box of Peeps. I ate one Peep and man, have they always been that sweet!? I used to love those things, but I don't think I can eat them any more.

I also found (to balance out the candy) some of the new Healthy Choice creamery ice cream. I got pomegranate blueberry Only 100 calories per serving and it is yummy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I pulled my version of a Paula Deen yesterday - I had this scrumptious sourdough bread toasted with Irish butter and 1/3 of an avocado. That was my entire dinner. I wasn't hungry after that and I'm always hungry. It was so good. Satisfying. Creamy and crunchy.
    Count your blessings!

That sounds yummy, Gut! I LOVE avocado! I've made a meal out of broiled fresh bread and Swiss with avocado more than once...not to mention bread with mozzarella, basil and fresh tomatoes!

So yeah, I couldn't even finish one Cadbury Creme Egg. It was just too sweet for me. I hadn't had one in a few years because I just couldn't find them. They were probably better left as a memory. Oh well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

At least now you know for sure!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was just at Walgreen's buying Easter basket goodies for my nieces and thought of all you guys. They had Cadbury creme eggs, the Dove truffle eggs, and every other kind of favorite Easter candy. It's seriously the place to go for Easter goodies. I was good though, every year I think I will like a Cadbury creme egg and buy one bite into it and end up spitting it out. I was strong this year and reminded myself that I never enjoy it. Crit, I really think the reason I don't like them is that they are so over the top sweet. Plus, I'm a little grossed out that the inside looks like an egg yolk.

I did cave though and buy a pecan delight egg for myself. Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3864258;
    I was just at Walgreen's buying Easter basket goodies for my nieces and thought of all you guys. They had Cadbury creme eggs, the Dove truffle eggs, and every other kind of favorite Easter candy. It's seriously the place to go for Easter goodies. I was good though, every year I think I will like a Cadbury creme egg and buy one bite into it and end up spitting it out. I was strong this year and reminded myself that I never enjoy it. Crit, I really think the reason I don't like them is that they are so over the top sweet. Plus, I'm a little grossed out that the inside looks like an egg yolk.

I did cave though and buy a pecan delight egg for myself. Yum!
    I used to be okay with the sweet and the yolk part never grossed me out. I guess my tastes have changed I also bought one of their orange creme eggs and now I'm afraid to try it. I did end up with a Wonka Scrumdiddlyumptious bar and it's yummy. It'll take me a week to eat, but it's really good. You're right about Walgreen's - I couldn't believe all the Easter candy! I kept thinking that it was a good thing I don't have more of a sweet tooth 'cause I would have been in serious trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3864264;
    I kept thinking that it was a good thing I don't have more of a sweet tooth 'cause I would have been in serious trouble!
    I have a huge sweet tooth and lots of treats in my house right now for my nieces. The plan is to box up everything tomorrow to be shipped so I won't be tempted. I gave up sweats for lent and this is the time I'm non stop craving it. I'm pretty sure I can make it through the night.

+ Reply to Thread