+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Would it be cilantro? Go to the international aisle of your supermarket and go to the section with Goya products. Read the lists of ingredients on some of the sauces. Maybe a packet of taco seasoning would do the trick.
    Count your blessings!

I was at Target yesterday.
    They had the Dove eggs and the Dove Easter bunnies.
    As I'm already overly addicted to Dove Ice Cream bars - the original ones - I decided I'd better stay away from the Eggs and the bunnies.
    But, for those of you looking for the Dove Eggs, they're at Target!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3859488;
    Would it be cilantro? Go to the international aisle of your supermarket and go to the section with Goya products. Read the lists of ingredients on some of the sauces. Maybe a packet of taco seasoning would do the trick.
    No, I don't think it's cilantro (since that is so subtle, but healthy!). But good idea about Goya (I just bought their pink beans to put into soup, actually, inspired by your posts about healing soups ). I will surely include cilantro just 'cause.

OK, I will spill what I think "it" might be. Worchestershire sauce maybe, but surely mole. Remember, I am in still in the planning phase.

Of course, I will share the recipe when I do it (if it turns out good, even if not close to that restaurant's version).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3859493;
    I was at Target yesterday.
    They had the Dove eggs and the Dove Easter bunnies.
    As I'm already overly addicted to Dove Ice Cream bars - the original ones - I decided I'd better stay away from the Eggs and the bunnies.
    But, for those of you looking for the Dove Eggs, they're at Target!!
    Oh, don't get me started on Dove bars! They are so decadent. But when you're in that kinda mood...and have a piece of some kinda pie...put the piece of pie in the nuker with the Dove bar on top.

Disclaimer: I don't do that often. Been a long time, actually.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I know you said it was not a chain, so this probably won't work for the recipe you need, but this is a good site to find restaurant recipes: Kopy Kat Recipes. There are a number of these copy cat sites on the internet, but this one seems to be the biggest.

That stinks that the restaurant won't give you the recipe.

ETA: The Easter candy I love but can never find any more is the Cadbury Cream Eggs. They're my favorite and I usually eat one every year (one is enough - they're so rich), but haven't been able to find them for the last few years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3859523;
    ETA: The Easter candy I love but can never find any more is the Cadbury Cream Eggs. They're my favorite and I usually eat one every year (one is enough - they're so rich), but haven't been able to find them for the last few years.
    Crit, I always see them at Walgreens. I don't really care for them so I don't normally notice them around, but Walgreens has them at the checkout. They sell them individually and not in the 3-4 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3859575;
    Crit, I always see them at Walgreens. I don't really care for them so I don't normally notice them around, but Walgreens has them at the checkout. They sell them individually and not in the 3-4 pack.
    Thanks! I'll have to trek over to the Walgreens and see if they have any. I can't eat 3 or 4 of them, so individually would be great.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

You have to look for them early. Cadbury has the cream eggs and mini eggs out a full month before Easter, but once they're gone, they're gone for another year. The Easter Bunny hides mini eggs around our house and there have been years I've had to go on a search because I left it too long. CVS has them, also Walmart and Rite Aid.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Walgreens definetly has the cabury eggs. That seems to be all I can find while looking for the dove ones.

The Dove bunnies are ok, but they are NOTHING like the truffle eggs. STill on the hunt. :-)

Dove bar microwaved on pie? OMG! You know, it's Sun after 9, nothing is open here and that makes me want pie and a dove bar.

I have not been able to find Irish butter, but I did get fresh churned butter, made in small batches from a local organic dairy. OMG! If the Irish butter is better than this, I may keel over and die. :-)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3859827;
    Walgreens definetly has the cabury eggs. That seems to be all I can find while looking for the dove ones.

The Dove bunnies are ok, but they are NOTHING like the truffle eggs. STill on the hunt. :-)

Dove bar microwaved on pie? OMG! You know, it's Sun after 9, nothing is open here and that makes me want pie and a dove bar.

I have not been able to find Irish butter, but I did get fresh churned butter, made in small batches from a local organic dairy. OMG! If the Irish butter is better than this, I may keel over and die. :-)
    Like I said upthread, my Target has both the eggs and the bunnies. Hopefully, yours does, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread