+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree519Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3857764;
    I usually order them from a co-worker of mine who has a daughter in girl scouts, but I missed his order form this year. He told me to keep an eye out at local Walmart stores and, sure enough, they were there on the weekend. I even had to go back a second weekend to stock up again cuz the kids kept eating all my Samoas!! I may have to encourage my own daughter to join girl scouts when she is old enough so we will have a guaranteed supplier!
    DO NOT volunteer to be cookie mom. I had to store ALL the cases of cookies in my house. My husband ate about $100 worth of cookies that year. I never again volunteered to be cookie mom.

I have looked at Walmart and they do not have the truffle eggs. Walgreens used to carry them, they don't have them either. Believe me, I have been on the hunt.

Shay, LOVE black jelly beans and Walgreens has them in a small package, just the black ones. Not 5 lbs. Not even a pound. I think it's about 6 oz.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heading for Walmart!!! Thanks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3857827;
    Mrd, The only place I have found the Dove Truffle Eggs is Walmart... on my second box... and Yes, nosy walmart checkout lady, I do have lots of Easter baskets to fill...
    I've never had these, so now I'm curious. Neither Walmart nor Giant Eagle had any Dove products today.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3856506;
    And yeah, I can't find cookies in my area either. I love Samoa's and Those chocolate peanut butter ones-Tag-a-longs, just remembered the name. And thin mints.
    We ordered our GS cookies awhile back, maybe January, and got them a few weeks ago. We have an "No Solicitation" ordinance in our city that if you have a sign clearly posted, you can report violators and they'll be fined. I told our neighborhood Girl Scout dealer that the sign didn't include her!!!!

I did get some Edy's GS Samoa ice cream today at Giant Eagle. I'll report back after I've had some.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

veejer The Dove Truffle Eggs are a milk chocolate outside with a milk chocolate truffle inside and 5 eggs come in a box. They are about the size and shape of the snicker egg. For some reason the Dove truffle eggs are extremely hard to find, especially this year. So if you are lucky enough to find them buy several boxes.

MRD

I had difficulty finding them last year too.

I am still on the hunt for them.

Shay, Brach's makes the bags of licorace only jelly beans
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you, Lifesaver!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm working on trying to duplicate a restaurant's "chicken enchilada soup" for my own pleasure and to impress a friend. There are hundreds (thousands?) of recipes online, but the many that I looked at do not seem to have the "secret ingredient" that would create that yummy flavor. Yes, I asked, but the restaurant does not give out the recipe. I didn't try out any recipes yet, but am formulating my first attempt.

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for this soup that they're willing to share? It's pureed and thick like Campbell's tomato soup (just for description purposes), with some very fine bits of onion and chicken. Tomato base, onions, garlic, and chicken seem to be a given. I can control the spiciness level with various peppers or pepper sauces. The thickness probably comes from the puree-ing and maybe hasa. It's that unique "something" that I'm wracking my brain about. I have an idea but am curious to see any suggestions first.

I also looked at recipes for chicken enchiladas. Nothing jumps out yet as being the secret ingredient.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Try googling the Restaurant's name, and chicken enchilada soup. Sometimes, people put up their best guesses, etc. My SIL wanted a specific recipe from The Palm restaurant (and yes, I know they have a book) and I found it online for her. It took quite a lot of digging, though. Good luck.

Thanks, canuckinchile! It's just a one-of restaurant, though, in a podunk town. But you never know...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Sounds delicious, VelvetRed. If you come up with a solution, please post it in the Recipes thread.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread