+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

I tried the Samoas and found them too gooey, supersweet, too. But, actually, I will eat ANY of those stupid cookies. I guess it's a good thing that I can't get at any of them now.

I joined the girl scouts, but I quit after a month because I hate crafts! Didn't even make it to cookie season. Just as well, I guess.

I ordered 18 Nutrageous candy bars from Amazon due to a craving and the unavailability in my area. They should get here in time for me to give most of them out as Easter goodies. Now I must look for black jelly beans!!! Maybe I'll trade the kids a candy bar for their black jelly beans? I used to go door-to-door at work collecting black jelly beans since most people don't seem to care for them. Don't think that would fly in my subdivision, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3857273;
    You guys are cracking me up.

I want cookies. I didn't get any either.

AND I can't find Dove Truffle eggs, my very favorite easter candy.
    Mrd, The only place I have found the Dove Truffle Eggs is Walmart... on my second box... and Yes, nosy walmart checkout lady, I do have lots of Easter baskets to fill...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3857824;
    . . . Now I must look for black jelly beans!!! . . .
    Several of the supermarkets around here have Jelly Belly bulk bins; each flavor has its own bin. It's pretty easy -- too easy, in fact -- to get only black jelly beans.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Gotta watch out for bulk bins. People...not just kids....have a nasty tendency to stick their less-than clean hands in there. I wouldn't have thought about it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

At our grocery store, the one-color-only jelly bean dispenser is a device that you lift a hatch with your bag waiting under the shute. It would be hard to touch any beans still in the container as the sluice gate is pretty far up the shute.
    Count your blessings!

I think what Shay is referring to is the old fashioned black jelly beans that were licorice flavored. They're not anywhere near the "jelly belly" jelly beans that came into a lot of prominence when former Pres. Reagan expressed a penchant for them. The "jelly bellies" are often the only ones you can find nowadays in the bulk bins. And, if you're a jelly bean purist who's looking for black, licorice flavored jelly beans, you won't find them at all easily. I know as I've looked for them myself.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Black Licorice Jelly Beans: 5LB Bag Enjoy
    A classic jelly bean favorite!
    Plump black jelly beans featuring a fabulous licorice flavor.

There are approximately 200 pieces per pound.

Unit Price = $3.00/lb.

Bag contains 5 pounds of Black Licorice Jelly Beans Candy.
    Made in the USA by the Sweet's Candy Company.

Shipping Weight ~ 6 lbs.

Hey, Unk, Thanks.
    I just may have to order those and the Girl Scout cookies, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

You'd better believe that I went to the site to check out the goodies! No matter how much I may love them, I can't imagine what I'd do with 5 pounds of them! And the shipping costs almost as much as the 5 pound order!!!

Thanks, anyway, Unk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3858036;
    At our grocery store, the one-color-only jelly bean dispenser is a device that you lift a hatch with your bag waiting under the shute. It would be hard to touch any beans still in the container as the sluice gate is pretty far up the shute.
    Ours, too.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread