+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 479 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree478Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Moving is SO healthy. NOT

Fri. night was Pizza Hut delivery, Sat. night was Dragon's Den delivery and today's breakfast was provided by Krispy Kreme. The great thing about the new house is that it's close to Krispey Kreme.

Sun., dinner was leftover Chinese food. I did lay in some healthy cereal and yogurt for breakfast in the morning and I got lunch meat and bread for sandwiches as we can't keep getting takeout, but no one is able to cook because we're so tired. I swear moving wasn't this bad when I was half the age I am now.

I do have a roast to put in the crockpot tomorrow morning so I can fix it and forget it and we don't have to do takeout.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I live about a mile away from a Krispy Kreme. I used to love doughnuts, but not so much anymore (since my Roux-en-Y over 7 years ago). Luckily, too much sugar and fat still makes me sick, so all I can ever eat of a doughnut -- thank god! -- is two bites. Any more than that, and it's hurl city.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We have a Krispy Kreme near by too. We went to the grand opening and we got a card for a free dozen donuts each month for a year. I try to stay away but it's SO tempting when the hot light is on

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I adore the lemon-filled donuts! I stay away from them, though!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

After all the Krispy Kreme hype, I was thrilled when one opened up next to my house and then was very disappointed when I had a bite.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3217003;
    After all the Krispy Kreme hype, I was thrilled when one opened up next to my house and then was very disappointed when I had a bite.
    I know! That bite quickly turns into a mouthful of grease!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rosie, if you're still moving and looking for crockpot ideas, I posted one in the old recipes thread for chicken enchilada soup. You chop up an onion and put that in the bottom of the crock, cook up a pound of chicken breast and shred them and put that on top (I also add a few minced cloves of garlic), pour in about three cans' worth of soup (eyeball it; I like soupy soup, so I use one big box of chicken broth and then a can of veggie) and a can of enchilada sauce. (it can be bland, so I add spices like cumin, chili powder and dried cilantro, and next time I'm trying powdered enchilada seasoning; anyway, cook it for a while then season to taste). Cook about 3 1/2 hours on high, then mix a cup of masa harina (Mexican corn flour (or meal?)) with two cups water, and then pour it in. Cook another half hour then add two cups of shredded Mexican cheese. Serve with chips and diced green onions and, if you like, chopped cilantro.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD

Thanks lucy. That sounds really, really good.

Well, it's not like I'm going to be at Krispy Kreme every day!

When a KK is hot, it melts in your mouth and I mean literally melts in your mouth. When it's not hot, it's not that great.

We do have an Irish Pub close to the house as well. Can't wait to give that a try.

Ellen, I had the RNY too. I just eat tiny little bits of everything. It's amazing now how one or two bites of something satisfies a hunger or craving now. And going out to eat now provides me with at least 2 and sometimes 3 or 4 meals with the leftovers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3217006;
    I know! That bite quickly turns into a mouthful of grease!
    This is why I don't like KK. bleah
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I just like an occasional cake doughnut. I make them myself, not too often and just dip in sugar. They are good with a cup of coffee.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread