+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree519Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3757863;
    If you ever figure out how to ration chocolate, you will win the Nobel prize for home economics. Once I open the bag/box/wrapper, I'm a "goner."

My SIL buys a case of Girl Scout thin mints every year. She and my brother have exactly TWO every night. I think she's a freak because a case of those would not last a month here. Theirs last almost the entire year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3757907;

My SIL buys a case of Girl Scout thin mints every year. She and my brother have exactly TWO every night. I think she's a freak because a case of those would not last a month here. Theirs last almost the entire year.
    I think your brother and SIL have been replaced by cyborgs. Only 2 thin mints isn't humanly possible!

FORT Fogey

The other day I thought of this thread--in relation to our discussion of the many different types of potatoes--while in my favorite good produce store. They were selling small bundles of different types of potatoes for Thanksgiving--including red and dark blue and purple potatoes.

So pretty! Almost too pretty to eat.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3757988;
    I think your brother and SIL have been replaced by cyborgs. Only 2 thin mints isn't humanly possible!
    You're probably right. I've never thought she was human and he's afraid of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758154;
    The other day I thought of this thread--in relation to our discussion of the many different types of potatoes--while in my favorite good produce store. They were selling small bundles of different types of potatoes for Thanksgiving--including red and dark blue and purple potatoes.

So pretty! Almost too pretty to eat.
    I bought those last year for my Christmas Eve Dinner, I had never seen them before. I added some whole baby carrots, tossed them in Italian Dressing, fresh garlic, parsley and roasted them. They looked beautiful on a serving dish.

I haven't seen any yet this year, maybe its a Thanksgiving/Christmas thing.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3757988;
    Ha. I think even if they are cyborgs, they are faking it-- she really buys 15 cases, and lies about only eating 2 cookies a day to torment MRD.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3758593;
    Ha. I think even if they are cyborgs, they are faking it-- she really buys 15 cases, and lies about only eating 2 cookies a day to torment MRD.
    Trust me, she's not faking it. She won't allow my brother to pig out on Tg. She serves his plate. Last time we had TG together, she told him he couldn't have deviled eggs. I was passing them to him under the table. If she doesn't eat it, then no one else should either, especially him.

Moving to a different state solved a lot of holiday issues for me where they are concerned.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3749214;
    I'm pretty sure I used that justification earlier to buy a Christmas bag of dark chocolate M&Ms. They're not red and green all year, I like dark chocolate, and I don't have any. Even though I'm generally against the appearance of things Christmas prior to Thanksgiving.

I suppose I make exceptions when it enables my chocolate habit.

On a random tangent, I think M&Ms should come in a Thanksgiving colors package: red, orange, yellow and brown, fall colors. They would look so festive!
    If you like dark chocolate--as I do. I can't stand milk chocolate--waaay too sweet...

and if you like raisins too--

Nestles now has Dark Chocolate-covered Raisins. I've seen them in most big supermarkets.

Of course I have stocked up.

Dark chocolate has a lot more anti-oxydants than milk chocolate--if you need an "excuse."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3758594;
    Trust me, she's not faking it. She won't allow my brother to pig out on Tg. She serves his plate. Last time we had TG together, she told him he couldn't have deviled eggs. I was passing them to him under the table. If she doesn't eat it, then no one else should either, especially him.

Moving to a different state solved a lot of holiday issues for me where they are concerned.

Oh yes--been there and done and learned that.

Psychologists call it "the geographical cure."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3758594;

I think I may have said this before, but your sister in law sounds just like my husband's sister. My only problem is, she lives about a mile from me, but since she no longer speaks to me, I guess even that isn't a problem anymore.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread