+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 469 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

OK, I will! I've got to be in my Target area on Wednesday, so I'll look. Thanks! Wonder if the stand alone WalMart grocery stores have it? It's a good excuse to visit a store that I've never gone into.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, I tried out my crockpot to mixed results. Either I set it to cook for too long, or I didn't have enough water in, or I don't know what happened, but let's just say that part of my dinner was a bit overcooked. Interestingly, one side was salvageable-- it was really only one edge that was really charred. Back to the drawing board, but it would probably be a wise idea to not experiment the first time out of the starting gate.

In a related note, any tips on getting sticky charred stuff out of a stoneware pot?

Yeah.....use crock pot liners. But, this time, can't you just soak it and scrub it later? It should be fine.

And remember.....practice makes perfect! You'll be fine!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie Yeti Sports: Stagedive Champion, Island Bowling Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, FG Baseball Professional Champion bearhugz's Avatar

As for getting charred food out of a crockpot, try placing a dryer sheet along with hot soapy water and let it soak for awhile. Works great!

MRD

Has anyone tried those new Campbell's V8 vegetable soups?

I've had the Cream of Broccali and the Butternut squash.

And I can now wholeheartedly endorse them!!

They are fabulous. The Butternut squash one is so good it has to have chocolate hidden in it somewhere.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Is the Butternut Squash soup sweet?

MRD

No. It's not. Well it's "vegetable" sweet if that makes sense.

Maybe naturally sweet, but not sweet like a dessert. It's definetly more savory. But it's really, really, really good.

I have never been a big fan of canned soups. I like to make my own soup and I'm a definete soup lover because I order soup a lot when we go out to eat. This soup is probably the best packaged soup I've ever eaten. It does not have that tin can taste that all the other canned soups have.
    And it's all natural, no preservatives, etc. according to the box.

It's fabulous. I wish I had more right now! I will be making a trip to the store tomorrow for more. And I want to try the other flavors.

I have never been so in love with a product since Jif came out with chocolate peanut butter (and damn them because they dont' make it anymore) or Coke introduced Lime Diet Coke (which I also can't get anymore).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Rosie, I will definitely back you up on the V-8 butternut squash soup, it is very yummy ! I wonder if the new V-8 soups took the place of Campbell's Select. They came in the same type carton and I haven't seen them in the store since the V-8 ones have been out.

ETA: Almost forgot! Best part is it's low fat and pretty low cal too!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

It sure has a bunch of sodium though, 31%.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3213559;
    Has anyone tried those new Campbell's V8 vegetable soups?

I've had the Cream of Broccali and the Butternut squash.

And I can now wholeheartedly endorse them!!

They are fabulous. The Butternut squash one is so good it has to have chocolate hidden in it somewhere.
    I love roasted red pepper soup so I tried the V8 version but I didn't like it. The texture was like it was full of little bits of pepper and tomato peels. I haven't tried the others though.

+ Reply to Thread