+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 458 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree380Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Sorry to the powers that be, but I HATE this new format. I miss the old recipe thread. At the risk of posting in the wrong place, I just wanted to come here and muse about making lentils in the crockpot today. The recipe on the bag calls for 6 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of lentils... and there are 2 cups of lentils in the bag. Seriously? It's not like I can't do the math, but why not give a recipe for the whole bag? What do they expect you to do with the extra 1/2 cup?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3211997;
    Sorry to the powers that be, but I HATE this new format. I miss the old recipe thread. At the risk of posting in the wrong place, I just wanted to come here and muse about making lentils in the crockpot today. The recipe on the bag calls for 6 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of lentils... and there are 2 cups of lentils in the bag. Seriously? It's not like I can't do the math, but why not give a recipe for the whole bag? What do they expect you to do with the extra 1/2 cup?
    It's like buying hotdogs and buns. 10 hotdogs in a pack, 8 buns in a pack. What's up with THAT???
    cablejockey likes this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3212029;
    It's like buying hotdogs and buns. 10 hotdogs in a pack, 8 buns in a pack. What's up with THAT???
    No big mystery...2 hotdogs for the dog(s). Which, btw, are great for hiding pills (for those dogs and their people who are not good at pill administration).

Back OT, hotdogs (without buns) just seem made for macaroni and cheese.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I bought my favorite Nathan's hotdogs today, and they come in packs of 8. I never buy hotdog buns, but I've found a lot of guys (my son, Mr. Honeybump) seem to think that you absolutely should have the appropriate bun if you have hotdogs. I'd buy them if I was having a get together, but it's not an automatic purchase for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Or, you could buy Best's fat free hot dog's (Hebrew National have a really good kosher fat free too, but Best's are even better ) and then you'd have two extra buns, instead of dogs....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3212029;
    I KNOW! They should sell the buns and dogs in the same numbers. However, Mr. doxie usually drops a hotdog or two while grilling (and you know who is sitting under the grill waiting for that to happen!).
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Does anyone know if A&W handles the distribution of Sunkist?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think both A & W and Sunkist are bottled by the DrPepper company. Are you still looking for the Sunkist float?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Yesssss........and I was at Kroger yesterday and they had the A&W Float, but not the Sunkist! (I didn't even see a place on the shelf for it!) And I saw the A&W guy, but was too far away to ask him about it!!! Heck! I even saw Big Red Vanilla Float!! I've not given up, though.

Try Target if you have one near you. I saw it at our Super Target the other day.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread