+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I've got several WF's in my neighborhood, but I find them pretty overpriced, in general. There are some items I like but not enough to justify the cost.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The nearest WF stores are quite far, whereas I have two Trader Joe's within 15 miles. That's why we go, and it's also cheaper for the things that I want.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

MRD

I've joined the WF boycott anyway. Not that I went often to begin with. Too far way, too expensive. I do like their mexican 7 layer dip, but I figured out how to make it at home.

I wish we had Trader Joes.

I have even quit going to Fresh Market as much as we're trying to cut down the food budget while still trying to eat healthy. Not easy, but easier if I don't go to FM
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3671032;
    I've joined the WF boycott anyway. . .
    So have I. There's one near us, which I've gone to now and then -- only for specialty items I couldn't find in my usual places.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I stopped by a mini-mart on my way to a friend's today to get something to drink. I picked up VeryFine's grape juice. It says "100% juice" on the label. I was drinking it and happened to notice that there was very small print underneath which read "from concentrate with added ingredients". How can you claim something is 100% juice if it has added ingredients?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Mess like this is why I prefer water!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3673138;
    I stopped by a mini-mart on my way to a friend's today to get something to drink. I picked up VeryFine's grape juice. It says "100% juice" on the label. I was drinking it and happened to notice that there was very small print underneath which read "from concentrate with added ingredients". How can you claim something is 100% juice if it has added ingredients?
    Nestle's does that with Juicy Juice, also, I believe.
    I usually only drink juice that says not from concentrate for that very reason.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I buy orange juice concentrate for $1.25 and make juice from that (to save some pennies).

I went to the state fair today and had not one, but two corndogs. They were really good. That is all

My diet starts tomorrow
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Our 2 copies of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking arrived in the mail yesterday (one for me, one for my daughter). I saw the movie "Julie & Julia" twice already. Am I a geek or what?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread