+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 479 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3210229;
    Ohh, I have half a loaf of that kind of bread. I know what I'm having for lunch now. Thanks.

I'm going to attempt to find/remember a recipe that I think prhoshay posted a while ago for chicken in the crockpot using stuffing mix and cream of mushroom soup.

I am trying to use up what I have on hand as that's just less I have to move.
    Plus, it's EASY. And EASY is my motto right now.
    I was just thinking about doing that same recipe for tonight - mr. m has been requesting it. If you can't find the recipe amongst the things you have packed - I can re-post it for ya.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3210231;
    I was just thinking about doing that same recipe for tonight - mr. m has been requesting it. If you can't find the recipe amongst the things you have packed - I can re-post it for ya.
    Could you please? I currently cannot see the top of my kitchen table. I know it has to be under there somewhere, about 3 or 4 layers down.

Thanks, you're a sweetie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds wonderful, but it doesn't sound like anything that I posted! Pul-eeze....let's stop and think about who we're talking about here! RATS!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3210239;
    Could you please? I currently cannot see the top of my kitchen table. I know it has to be under there somewhere, about 3 or 4 layers down.

Thanks, you're a sweetie.
    Sure thing! I will go post it in the recipes thread.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3210256;
    Sounds wonderful, but it doesn't sound like anything that I posted! Pul-eeze....let's stop and think about who we're talking about here! RATS!!
    Sorry both you and Margaritaville. I thought it was you shay, because it was so easy (and delicious).

I couldn't remember who posted it, but I will now give credit where it's due and thank Margaritaville for originally posting it and then reposting it for me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3208207;
    I bought some leeks on special and did a great leek and potato soup with most of them. I have 2 left. What can I do with them that does not involve soup or quiche?
    DesertRose,

I haven't tried this yet, but it's on my list:

Lombo di Maiale Coi Porri (Pan-Roasted Pork Loin with Leeks)
    Yield
    6 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces pork and about 2 1/2 tablespoons leek mixture)

Ingredients
    4 large leeks (about 2 1/4 pounds)
    1/2 cup water
    1 tablespoon butter, divided
    1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
    1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin, trimmed
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
    Preparation

Remove roots and tough upper leaves from leeks. Cut each leek in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices (you should have about 6 cups). Soak in cold water to loosen dirt.

Combine leeks, 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large Dutch oven or deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until leek wilts. Pour the leek mixture into a bowl.

Heat remaining 2 teaspoons butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan. Cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and wine to pan; cook 15 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Return leek mixture to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours or until pork is tender. Remove pork from pan. Increase heat to reduce leek sauce if too watery. Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve with leek mixture. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:246 (39% from fat)
    Fat:10.7g (sat 4.2g,mono 4.4g,poly 1.1g)
    Protein:24.8g
    Carbohydrate:12.1g
    Fiber:1g
    Cholesterol:73mg
    Iron:2.8mg
    Sodium:306mg
    Calcium:60mg
    Lombo di Maiale Coi Porri (Pan-Roasted Pork Loin with Leeks) Recipe - Pork - MyRecipes.com

I've usually used leeks for soup too.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

That sounds really good Mar. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3210520;
    That sounds really good Mar. Thanks.
    You are most welcome. Now you just need to be my guinea pig and tell me how it turns out.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I have plans to try out my new slow cooker on Monday. I'm adapting a recipe for Thai-style beef and lettuce wraps from my one-pan cookbook. If it turns out well, I'll post it in the recipe thread.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Be prepared to fall in love with your cooker!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread