+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 458 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3202789;
    I always see the candied apple kits and caramel kits right in the produce section of the grocery store, right near the apples.

I like both, but find that I like the ones made at home better. Seems whenever we are out and about and see candied or caramel apples being sold, the apples are HUGE! I guess I must prefer eating smaller apples!
    I dont' know where they grow those giant apples, but they are all being made into candied and caramel apples. They are huge. Last time we bought one, all 3 of us shared it.

Now I'm really craving a chocolate covered apple. I may have to go to the mall tomorrow to that candy store I just saw there last week and avoided.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I like caramel apples, but it's SO much easier when you just buy the caramel dip, heat it up and dip apple slices in that. The candy apples on sticks get so messy, I think, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm uncoordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3202823;
    I like caramel apples, but it's SO much easier when you just buy the caramel dip, heat it up and dip apple slices in that. The candy apples on sticks get so messy, I think, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm uncoordinated.
    ITA Easier on the teeth, too Missy!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3202823;
    That's how we do it too, Missyboxers. That way I can have just a tiny bit of the unhealthy dip with the healthy apple.

Our favorite flavor is Peanut Butter Caramel by T. Marzetti.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I just received my Parents mag and they showed great healthier alternatives to caramel dipped apples: Nutella dipped apple (bottom half only) with low fat granola, peanut butter and mini chocolate chips or whipped low fat cream cheese and sprinkles.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3201908;
    I always use them as well if there is nothing else. My mom did as well and that's were I learned it from. I'm from MI, so it must definitely be a NE thing.
    I don't think I've ever even seen MacIntosh apples around here, not even in the grocery stores. Interesting, but I never really thought about it.

I used to know someone who made a business out of selling caramel apples. She made these huge ones wrapped in caramel and dipped in two kinds of chocolate. They were so big that one apple would be enough for a party, you would just cut it up into chunks. They were fabulous.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

A caramel apple is ALWAYS a requirement when I go to the local fair...and as luck would have it, it was here this past week! Soooo...even though I'm on Weight Watchers and it killed me to pay $4.00 for it..I got a caramel apple WITH nuts Saturday night and it was absolute heaven!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I can't eat messy foods like that anymore. I feel like I need a knife and a fork. Maybe it's from losing a couple of teeth but I am fearful of biting into a hard caramel apple and having my tooth come out! I know it won't really happen, it's just stuck in my mind now. I usually take them home and use the apple slicer to make perfect wedges.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I have yet to try this, but if it works. WOW!!!!!

How to easily peel a hard boiled egg. The link is to a health site, but the actual video was captured by you tube on the site. I don't know if I can post the link as it's not youtube, but a health site using a youtube video.

Mods, let me know if I can post the blog health site or not and I will. If not, then PM me and I will be happy to give you guys the link.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I bought a goat cheese today and noticed it was past its best before date. I didn't really care, because I know that cheese are actually better as they age and the best before date shouldn't matter in this case, but when I took a bite of it, I found it had a very strong amoniac smell. I couldn't eat more of it because it was off-putting. Is this normal?

+ Reply to Thread