+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I like salt on my fruits too - it seems to bring out a stronger flavor.
    but, for some reason, I like pepper on my cantelope.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have loved the salty stuff all of my life, but I don't like it on fruit, or anything that is naturally sweet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3485156;
    I never understood putting salt on watermelon. My dad did it all the time. Plugging it with lime vodka sounds like a plan though.

I took my DIL down to Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago because she found out she has to go on a gluten free diet. We were there shortly before lunchtime, so I picked up some yummy pulled pork to take home for dinner. They had a whole bar of different assorted barbecue items right next to the shrimp bar. I usually go there in the early mornings right after I get off work, so this was something I hadn't seen before.
    Maryleybone-I have a link to an excellent food blog aimed at a gluten free diet. I'll post it tomorrow when I'm at my desk.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3486372;
    It doesn't matter what I eat for breakfast, I am usually hungry again in about 1 1/2 hours. If I don't eat breakfast, I usually can make it to lunch without eating. But because I have hypoglycemia, I try to eat a granola bar when I first wake up.
    About the only cereal I've found that sticks with me is Fiber One, and it tastes pretty good too.

I need to eat protein for breakfast or else I am starving by lunchtime.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3486439;
    I love salt on apples (a habit I'm trying to break, though). I can't eat an apple as is - I have to have some cheese or my new favourite, almond butter.

We had a tiny wedding reception at a local restaurant that is NOT generally somewhere that people take their kids. We had finger foods and cocktails and had the bar area to ourselves for a couple of hours. My mom ordered the food, and while it was delicious, the children (two flower girls and four others) didn't exactly get all excited about smoked salmon or endive spears stuffed with goat cheese.... So, the manager sliced up some green apples and gave them tiny bowls of salt (one kind was PINK!) and tiny spoons. They thought that was the coolest thing EVER and they still talk about how "fancy" it was.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3486528;
    About the only cereal I've found that sticks with me is Fiber One, and it tastes pretty good too.
    Isn't the purpose of Fiber One not to stick with you?

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3486458;
    Cantelope without salt is just wrong. I grew up that way - I always thought it was a NE thing. Oddly, cantelope is about the only thing I put salt on - I am not a huge salt person.
    It might just be a NE thing, my parents are from Massachusetts, and I got the salt thing from my mom. No wonder I get weird looks around here when I do it.

Probably my favorite breakfast cereal is that chocolate Special K, with a banana sliced on top. Gotta love a cereal with tiny chocolate bars in it!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Born and raised in the south I always salted watermelon. I don't anymore,
    Breakfast cereal? Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds. Second favorite is Special K Redberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3486682;
    Isn't the purpose of Fiber One not to stick with you?
    I knew someone would have something to say about my choice of works and of course it's Unk.

Marleybone here is the gluten free blog I told you about. Not every recipe is but most are and she'll let you know.

It's all gouda

+ Reply to Thread