+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3469637;
    The Toll House Pie is easy and really good!
    Except for the time I dropped it upside down taking it out of the oven and I had toll house pie in the oven, on the floor, in the drawer under the oven (went though the crack), it was an ooey sticky nasty mess that took forever to get cleaned up and I got a burnt smell every time I turned the oven on for the next few days.

But if I can manage not to spill it this time, I think it may be a good idea.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3469637;
    The Toll House Pie is easy and really good!

Shay - what is a Grapple?
    It's an apple with grape flavoring sprayed on the outside.

MRD, put a cookie sheet covered with foil.under that pie--put it in the oven a few minutes before the pie goes in so the pie will still get done on the bottom.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Actually, the grape flavoring (concord, I think) is infused within the apple. It's extremely juicy. Here's a link:

Grāpple® Brand Apples | Making Grapples

And, it's pronounced "grape-puhl".

I found mine at my local Kroger store, but the site said that there were none in my area! I bought them and then came home and read up on them. $2.50/4 apples.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've had them before and they are AWESOME! I don't get them often because they are really expensive (they are 4.00 for 4 grapples here), but whenever I do I just savor them! Humm... I wonder how a grapple pie would taste...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

You know, now that you mention your price...at my store, it DID say "Manager's Special"! Maybe I'd better get back there before they bump that price up!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hmmmm... I might have to hunt down some Grapples. That sounds great!

Today out of sheer boredom/trapped by torrential rain I decided to start looking online for a Father's day gift for Daddy. He LOVES beef jerky ahd I found out that there are "Jerky Of The Month Clubs"..... I think that is hilarious and I may just have to sign him up. Also found a "Bacon Of The Month Club".
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I stumbled across an "Ice Cream of the Month" club.......ONLY $50/month!!! I love my ice cream, but not enough to pay $50/month! I don't know what they've been smokin', but I'd like to share it with them!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3470675;
    I stumbled across an "Ice Cream of the Month" club.......ONLY $50/month!!! I love my ice cream, but not enough to pay $50/month! I don't know what they've been smokin', but I'd like to share it with them!
    Well, that's how they make it work. First you join the "What they've been smokin'-of the month" club and then they hook you into the "Ice Cream of the Month" club.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

geesh! what if you get your 50.00 ice cream and then you don't like the flavor? can you at least return it for something you like or are you just out?

caviar ice cream...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Mrd What about taking a Fruit Cobbler to the BBQ ?

+ Reply to Thread