+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3457597;
    I love desserts, also, but I don't like overly sweet desserts. I'm not much of a fan of milk or white chocolate. I prefer the dark most of the time. I worked at Nestle's several years ago and long before that I had an aversion to their candy as I find it fairly cloying. On the other hand, the dark chocolate Dove bars (made by Mars) are to die for!
    Dove Dark Chocolate with Almonds is my favorite and I like the dark chocolate M&M's too . That is what I reach for when I crave Chocolate ......yummy.
    Have any of you ever made a Hot Fudge Pudding Cake? It is reeally good.

I've tried the pasta in crockpot too and the pasta seems to disolve, maybe I cooked it to long, so I'd like some pointers too.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3459258;
    So to my question: Has anyone ever done macaroni and cheese in a crockpot? If so could I have some advice? (the whole crockpot pasta thing is scary)
    Yes indeed, and it is delicious. I use elbow macaroni - it does have to be cooked first - then toss it in a bit of oil. Cook it al dente, not too soft (bearing in mind it'll cook a bit in the crock). I'm not big on measuring so I can't give you exact amounts but I'll use an entire box (a normal-sized one, not an enormous Costco-type box). About 3 cups shredded cheese, any kind you like. I use whatever I have on hand, but it's usually cheddar, mozza, and a generous handful of parmesan. I don't make a bechamel sauce - too lazy - instead I use a can of evaporated milk and I'll add about a cup of 1% milk as well, just eyeballing it for consistency. A little butter or margarine and some diced onions, salt & pepper, and that's it. Mix the whole mess together and cook it on low for 3 to 4 hours. It's always turned out great.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That sounds lovely AJane. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of velvetta mac/cheese and your version sounds really good. Thanks so much!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

My S'mores brownies. Just thought I'd tease all you sweet tooths a bit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I made up my own recipe last night and it turned out so good. I love Aidell's chicken and apple sausage and I'm always trying to incorporate it into different meals. I started with cooked white rice, added some steamed broccoli and cauliflower and then I added the cooked sausage. I then added cut up mango and ginger salad dressing. It was so summery and fresh, yum!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is with orange cauliflower and purple cauliflower? Somebody explain it to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

AJane-the crockpot mac/cheese was a success! The crock pot was scraped clean (one of the few dishes that was) and the macaroni didn't get too mushy. I did it on low for 3 1/2 hours.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Need a nice easy dessert for a BBQ that doesn't have to be refrigerated.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Had my first Grapple today. WOW!!! I love apples, but this takes them to another level. If you get a chance, try one!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3467514;
    Need a nice easy dessert for a BBQ that doesn't have to be refrigerated.
    The Toll House Pie is easy and really good!

Shay - what is a Grapple?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread