+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Well, they've really twisted my arm and made a "Get One Free" coupon for a BBQ Pulled Pork Slider. I guess I have no choice now. If you go to their website White Castle - Fast Food Restaurants - Home of the Slyder | Slider you can print one out.

I love it when companies putting out new foods does this. I've also found that Arby's does it a lot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

KFC is doing that now with their new grilled chicken. I found a coupon in our Sunday paper for a free piece, but I also saw a commercial on tv that said something about giving free pieces of chicken for a limited time.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tonight I'm going to have my Pad Thai noodles!! Yea! I've been craving them for quite some time now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3428894;
    Tonight I'm going to have my Pad Thai noodles!! Yea! I've been craving them for quite some time now.
    I LOVE Pad Thai! I work with a guy who is from Thailand originally and he has the BEST recipes straight from the source
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3428931;
    I LOVE Pad Thai! I work with a guy who is from Thailand originally and he has the BEST recipes straight from the source
    Can you get him to give you one so you can post it?

I'm planning to make some peanut butter muffins today and the recipe calls for nonfat dry milk. Is there something that can be substituted or will it make a difference if I leave it out?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3432047;
    I'm planning to make some peanut butter muffins today and the recipe calls for nonfat dry milk. Is there something that can be substituted or will it make a difference if I leave it out?
    Here is a helpful link for you. I actually like to use nonfat dry milk in my bread recipes....it adds flavor without the liquid. Good Luck!

How to substitute for dry milk

That answers my question. Thank you!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

When I was a kid, the White Castles only had the small burgers on the small steamed buns. When I visited the East Coast a few years ago, they had expanded their menu. Among other items, they also had fried clams and they were tasty. I'm not familiar at all with Crystal, but their burgers look more like the Wendy's burgers than the WC burgers.
    I've never been a big McDonald's or Burger King fan, but I still have a lot of loyalty to WC.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

thumbs up for WC's fried clams. They are tasty. Though I have to qualify that to say they are tasty for a landlocked state such as Ohio. Fresh fried clams you can get on the East coast are head and shoulders above them!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

+ Reply to Thread