+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

OK, that makes sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My son and his friends went to Aldi tonight and guess what he came home with? Yep frozen WC burgers. Ok, they are really good but only 6 little burgers to a package. I was lucky enough to snag one before he scarfed the rest of them down. Does the restaurant serve regular size burgers or are they all slider-sized?
    CYA

MRD

WC and Krystal were the original slider size burgers. The nice thing about both places was that you used to be able to get a sackfull of burgers for really cheap. I can remember when you could get Krystal burgers for 10 cents each!!! And they used to sell them by the 10's on the menu. 10 for a buck, 20 for 2 bucks, etc.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3425137;
    A friend of mine who moved to Nashville, when there were no White Castle restaurants, and only Krystal told me that White Castle and Krystal burgers were similar, but that Krystal didn't steam their hamburger buns. This was a really long time ago; I've never had anything from Krystal. They are not local for me.
    Ok, you can hear it from me...Krystal does steam their buns, and does the onion on the grill thing too instead of raw onions. They come with mustard and pickle only on them
    UNk...tell the truth. We know you are going around lifting the little burger lids and checking them out!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425930;
    Ok, you can hear it from me...Krystal does steam their buns, and does the onion on the grill thing too instead of raw onions. They come with mustard and pickle only on them
    UNk...tell the truth. We know you are going around lifting the little burger lids and checking them out!
    Mustard and pickle on a Krystal burger....what comes on the White Castle?

And you have to have cheese Krystals and a small bowl of Chilli to dip them in.
    Do you all remember, eating at Krystal, when the diners were decorated in black and white and you ate at bar, on stools that spun around. There was a big silver ball on the roof. We would stop a get a sack full, they smelled so goooood!

I remember when they used to serve breakfast on china plates. Every breakfast came with grits and they always had a 5 gallon pot of grits on the stove.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3425960;
    Mustard and pickle on a Krystal burger....what comes on the White Castle?
    WCs come plain unless you ask for mustard and/or ketchup. They will give you packets of whichever/both. If you say the magic words "Add mustard and/or add ketchup" they will put it directly on the slider. If you just say "with mustard", they are going to give you the packets. I finally learned how their computers are set up, since I never want packets!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3426554;
    And you have to have cheese Krystals and a small bowl of Chilli to dip them in.
    Do you all remember, eating at Krystal, when the diners were decorated in black and white and you ate at bar, on stools that spun around. There was a big silver ball on the roof. We would stop a get a sack full, they smelled so goooood!
    Yes, but the newer ones in the suburbs had no stools--still had the silver ball.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Our brand new Krystal has curb service like Sonic, and also has plasma tv's so you can watch (but no sound, weird) CNN while you wait and eat in your car.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread