+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 479 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4787
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I haven't ever tried coffee in my pot roast. I just sprinkle mine roast with pepper, grandular beef boullion and flour. Brown it on all sides in olive oil. Remove roast from the pan and place it in the crock pot with about 2 cups of water. Add my carrots (sometimes onion and celey).
    Then I take the pan I brown the roast in and add 2 more cups water, stir it , to pick up all pan drippings, add more granular beef boullion then pour this in the crock pot. If I need to, I add more water to cover the roast. Cook it all day long on high. The gravy is not thick, but can be thicken if anyone wants cream gravy.

[QUOTE=waywyrd;3418159;]Yes, please! I love anything chocolate.

I posted the Chocolate recipes in the recipe tread. Hope you all enjoy.

I love watching Iron Chef America and love it when they do chocolate. Chocolate just seems to go with everything.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, do you like coffee-flavored ice cream concoctions? That stuff even gives me the caffeine effect. HATE IT!

And don't even get me started on "coffee breath".........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

My mom always used coffee for the liquid instead of water or milk when she made buttercream frosting. It just gives it that extra bit of different flavor, so I've always done it that way, too.

Speaking of fried chicken, I learned a good way to do it from Barefoot Contessa. She fries it in oil just long enough to get it browned, then she puts it on a rack over a baking pan and finished it for about 30 minutes in the oven. The extra grease drips off and it's really crispy and good, and you don't have to spend hours standing over a hot frying pan. I think she calls it Oven Fried Chicken (I'm too lazy to look it up right now).

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3418929;
    mrd, do you like coffee-flavored ice cream concoctions? That stuff even gives me the caffeine effect. HATE IT!

And don't even get me started on "coffee breath".........
    I do not like coffee flavored ice cream. I don't really like ice cream all that much. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it and then it is usually plain vanilla.

Wow and I thought I was sensitive to caffiene shay. I will occasionally drink a cup of "real" coffee and always regret it afterwards.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

I have to be in the mood for coffee ice cream, but I do like it. Starbucks makes a fabulous Mud Pie flavor that is coffee ice cream with fudge swirls and crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3411627;
    ...ing. I love Jelly Belly jelly beans BUT I am picky about the flavors. So, he went to Target (where they have individual bins of each flavor) and got me a giant bag of "good" flavors (lemon, lime, watermelon, blueberry, tangerine, coffee, coconut and so on...) with no "bad" flavors (cherry, cinnamon, banana, freakishly hot or sour things...). He said it took FOREVER to decide which flavors to get, but he did really well. ...
    mmmm, i love jelly bellys. buttered popcorn is my fav ... peanut butter a close second. it amazes me how they get such authentic flavors in those things!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3418892;
    Well when I make red-eye gravy, it doesn't have grease pools.
    See, 'cuz you know how to cook!

I love coffee (good, fresh, strong coffee) in nearly all of its forms -- except for the so-called "coffee drinks" with so much milk and sugar and powders and whatnot that all coffee taste is lost. (DH loves those!)
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-20-2009 at 09:01 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

I too only drink hot brewed coffee and not the coffee drinks. I can't take all that sugar that's in them AND I refuse to pay $5 for coffee. Give me a nice cup of decaf (I do like flavored coffee's) with a spoonful of splenda and some half and half and I'm happy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread