+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Restaurants

Premium Member

Restaurants

What is your favorite restaurant? Your least favorite? This thread is for discussing anything and everything about dining out.

Re: Restaurants

My favorite restaurant is Macaroni Grill. They make pork chops that are to die for!

My least favorite is Marie Callendar's. I got food poisoning once and have never been able to go back.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Any place where they serve escargot has my vote! I remember having 2 servings of escargots instead of an entree, once. Hey.........I wasn't paying!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

The Macaroni Grill near me closed. Opening a Cheesecake Factory across the street probably didn't help much. We only ate there once but it was pretty good. The wife of the manager was an opera singer, so when people came in on their birthdays she would sing "Happy Birthday" to them in Italian. It was about the most beautiful thing I ever heard, I always wanted to take my mom there for her birthday but never made it back.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

There's a little hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese restaurant in Chicago on Broadway called Dong Ky. It had the best Pho soup and is so cheap. If you go in with $10, you can feed two people and leave full. If you have $20...well...

Least favorite? I have so many...

About 10 years ago, all the Red Lobsters in Québec closed down. I was saddened because I liked going there. Fast forward to last month; we were in the States and close by was a Red Lobster. We were all excited and decided to go. Well the food was disappointing, to put it mildly. Everything was so salty, including the veggies, that it was pretty much inedible. I don't think I'll ever set foot in a Red Lobster again.

I do prefer eating at restaurants that are not food chains, though. I find that the quality of the food is usually better.

I agree DR. The last time I ate at Red Lobster I got a plastic bag in my fettucini alfredo. The manager explained that all the food came in plastic bags and was dropped in water to heat up. After that, I stopped going there. I prefer a small mom and pop place where they actually cook the food not just heat it up.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3188796;
    I do prefer eating at restaurants that are not food chains, though. I find that the quality of the food is usually better.
    I agree DR. I recently moved downtown to a medium-small city and I love trying out all the restaurants. None of them are chains and there are so many good little places to go in all the neighborhoods around my condo. A lot of the places are owned by chefs and the food is just to die for. My parents and friends love coming to visit because there is always something new to try.

We have a really good Spanish tapas restaurant in town. It's so much fun to go with a group of people and everyone picks out two dishes and then you sample everything. The sangria is also to die for and the paella is up there with the paella I ate in Spain. The ambiance is so relaxed and casual, it's not an all the time place, but fun to take visitors and for a fun night out.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3188800;
    I agree DR. The last time I ate at Red Lobster I got a plastic bag in my fettucini alfredo. The manager explained that all the food came in plastic bags and was dropped in water to heat up. After that, I stopped going there. I prefer a small mom and pop place where they actually cook the food not just heat it up.
    What?!! That's crazy! But funny... Sorry... So they don't make it fresh there, huh? Yeah, I'm not a fan of Red Lobster. It's not cheap either--but the food isn't high quality. Was it ever? I never went when I was little so I have no idea if it's gotten worse or has always been kind of iffy.

When I found out that they never use any of the lobsters that are in the tank at the entrance of the building, I should have known the food wasn't fresh. It is expensive. I love their cheddar bisquits though. I'll order them to go and take them home to compliment my meal.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast