+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Restaurants

Re: Restaurants

Oh, lucky you, ClosetNerd! No, I live in Virginia, I only visited the Adirondacks once a few years ago, and Frankie's was the only place in Old Forge we ate. But it was obviously memorable! I took the leftovers on the 13-hour drive home, they were that good.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Oh wow! The next time I see Frankie I am going to have to remember to tell him about this. He will get a kick out of it!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The best seafood I've ever had was at a place in the little tiny village of Greer, AZ. It's called Molly Butler's. (don't ever stay at the adjoining lodge though, but that's for another thread)

I had the most delightful fresh caught Speckled Trout with Scallops in a very light cream sauce. I liked it so much that I ordered it 2 out of the 3 nights that we were there. The Little Colorado River runs right through the town and you can sit on the deck of another hostelry down the road and watch them swim by. Not only was the food excellent, but the scenery was incredible. It's located in the heart of the White Mountains, and you can look out the window and see moose, deer and while we were in our room we heard a bear growling nearby. Needless to say, we didn't go out and investigate. We found out later it was right outside the back of our room headed for the restaurant's garbage bin. Still, it was kind of exciting. I can hardly wait to go back there.
    Susan

MRD

I remember eating at a restaruant in Cherokee, NC and the rainbow trout was served with the head still on. I couldn't eat it while it was still staring at me.

I was the pickup person at work for lunch today and we got takeout from the new Cuban restaruant. While in there, the owner was talking to her nephew and asked if he knew anyone that did drop ceilings and drywall and I spoke up and said my husband does that. Well, she had me call him and she talked to him and he went in to talk to her more and she sent him home with 2 big containers of Ropa Vieja, Mojo Pork and another container of black beans and rice for free. My lunch was fabulous and then I had another fabulous dinner. If he ends up doing this work for her, I have a feeling we're all going to eat well.

I also had a cafe con leche which had me vibrating from the caffiene overload.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-05-2008 at 09:27 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I used to Love The Cooker Bar and Grille, they were a chain but had awesome food. I like to go to the Cheesecake Factory for the Romano crusted chicken There's not a lot of really great restaurants around here. When I was in Denver there were a couple good places we ate, Dixon's and Sam's.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3190753;
    There's not a lot of really great restaurants around here.

With all those new restaurants up there at Polaris karna? How about Cameron Mitchell's?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3190781;
    With all those new restaurants up there at Polaris karna? How about Cameron Mitchell's?
    They're all pretty expensive and "fru fru" as I like to say. There's a new one called Eddie Merlot's I wouldn't mind trying. Not too many restaurants that really wow me though.

I think that my two favorite restaurants have gone out of business after so many years. The absolute best clam chowder was served at Mildred's Chowder House on The Cape. There was always a line a mile long to get in but you never really minded the wait as you knew what was in store for you once you got in there The other was a German restaurant right in Harvard Square. What a treat it was, after a day of shopping, to slip into one of their sturdy dark wooden booths and enjoy a beer with one of their delicious over-stuffed sandwiches or some authentic German cuisine.
    CYA

This is where I had the best sandwich that I have ever eaten. It is a MUST of you are ever in Chattanooga. The restaurant is in the historic Read House Hotel right downtown. We were there on our honeymoon and ordered the Grilled Pepperloin Sandwich because the bartender suggested it. Unfortunately, we only ordered ONE. We took it up to our room (Amazing Race was coming on!) and ended up almost fighting over the crumbs. It was that good! Mr. Doxie actually licked the box that it came in. We are going back in December and I am taking a cooler and bringing a few of those suckers home with me! We still talk about that sandwich all the time.

Porter's Steakhouse
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3190730;

I was the pickup person at work for lunch today and we got takeout from the new Cuban restaruant. While in there, the owner was talking to her nephew and asked if he knew anyone that did drop ceilings and drywall and I spoke up and said my husband does that. Well, she had me call him and she talked to him and he went in to talk to her more and she sent him home with 2 big containers of Ropa Vieja, Mojo Pork and another container of black beans and rice for free. My lunch was fabulous and then I had another fabulous dinner. If he ends up doing this work for her, I have a feeling we're all going to eat well.

I also had a cafe con leche which had me vibrating from the caffiene overload.

Wow, I'm so jealous. Black Beans and rice is one of my favorite things to eat.

+ Reply to Thread